Asana Support, Asana not being able to load.

So despite being assured a number of months ago that the issue with respect to Asana not being able to load whilst protection is enabled STILL hasn’t been resolved. I am definitely not renewing this product if you cannot use it with Asana, one of the most widely used work management tools around. What a joke.

Hello @MartinGibraltar,

Welcome back!]

1. From what I can see there’s been a patch update recently, what patch is (your) KIS on? 
  2. Have you raised the problem with Kaspersky Technical Support? 
  3. If “yes”, what did they advise?
  4. If “no”, please do so - they will try to assist and resolve whatever issues exist.
  •  Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require MAC logs, a detailed history, images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I worked out a solution - it is not a satisfactory solution but it is better than having to turn off Kaspersky altogether. What you have to do is go into the Kaspersky programme and click on Preferences. In the Protection tab, deselect the box “Check secure connections (HTTPS) for safe money and private browsing.

Obviously this is unsatisfactory and you would think there would be a patch to fix this issue (it was promised) … but at least you don't have to disable the protection completely.

I hope this helps.

I worked out a solution - it is not a satisfactory solution but it is better than having to turn off Kaspersky altogether. What you have to do is go into the Kaspersky programme and click on Preferences. In the Protection tab, deselect the box “Check secure connections (HTTPS) for safe money and private browsing.

Obviously this is unsatisfactory and you would think there would be a patch to fix this issue (it was promised) … but at least you don't have to disable the protection completely.

Yes, worked for me. Thank you!

Yes, worked for me. Thank you!

Hello,

Please check this settings.

Settings > Additonal > Network > Manage exclusions… > Add > asana.com > confirm select "Active" in State section > Add.

Does this solution work? Let me know the result from you. Thanks.

Regards.

I do not have the menus you refer to on my machine. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security on an iMac. There is no “Settings”. I presume you mean “Preferences”. I have gone into Preferences and cannot see “Additional”.

Hello, Please try to search Network > Manage exclusions… > Add > asana.com > . I don’t use KIS for macOS. The settings GUI maybe different.

Regards.

Wesly

Unfortunately I do not have any Network menu option on the Mac version and so cannot try what you suggest. It would be great if someone from the company could chime in and tell me what we should do if we are experiencing these issues.

Thanks

Wesly

Unfortunately I do not have any Network menu option on the Mac version and so cannot try what you suggest. It would be great if someone from the company could chime in and tell me what we should do if we are experiencing these issues.

Thanks

Hello, @MartinGibraltar 

I take look at KIS2020 for mac help document. Maybe this issue is related to Privacy Protection.

https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS4Mac/20.0/en-US/112161.htm

Could you try to config it, And let us know the result.

1. In the menu bar, click the application icon and choose Preferences.

The application preferences window opens.

2. On the Privacy tab, click Exclusions.

A window with the list of exclusions opens.

3. Edit the list of exclusions:
    • To add a website to the list of exclusions:
      1. Click .
      2. Enter the web address ‘asana.com’ without quote .
  4. Click Save.

Regards.

Sure - see attached. Basically the issue is that Kaspersky prevents Asana from opening so you just get this greyed out screen as it continually tries to open but cannot. 

Regards

Martin

Hello,

As I see, This is a program runing in macos. This is completely different from my previous understanding.

Try to add the application to the Trusted Zone: https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS4Mac/20.0/en-US/166599.htm

Any better?

Regards.

• 4 months later...
There is no solution yet? i have the same problem in Asana

Hello @AdvantageMKT,

Welcome!

Have you logged a case with Kaspersky Technical Support? If “no”, please do so - they will try to assist and resolve whatever issues exist. They will require MAC logs, a detailed history, images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated, fill in the template as in our image below, however, fill in your correct MAC OS & KIS version information. 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome, with the community, when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky.