Application Control Problem

Hi,

As fair i know that kaspersky automatically sorted applications category - trusted, untrusted and restricted..

But in settings app control you can change mode from automatic to manual select trust group automatically and change it to select trust group manually.

I am able to define which group an unknown application will default into (pre-defined), but I am not able to choose on a case-per-case basis via a prompt.

If I change ‘Trust group selected automatically’, then it is the same as above, but for applications that start before KTS.

For me, this is a really big problem, and makes KTS miserable to use.

I feel like I must be missing something, but not sure.

It is weird to me that I can tell KTS to allow a known virus, but cannot get KTS to ask me for my decision on something that is unknown.

Disabling those (signed, KSN) does not affect the launching of unknown files, though, at least not according to the testing I just did.

It seems my best option for now is to set the default action for unknown files to ‘Low Restricted’, which will at least give me some prompts and I can go from there.

I was just hoping there was a way not to pre-assign a default action, but to get KTS to ask me.  It seems weird to me that the option to ‘Ask user’ is available for known malware, but not for unknown (possibly clean) software.