App lock fingerprint, the scanner appears but it doesn't scan the finger.

sjoeii

Hi,

There are several topics on this I see.

Unfortunately non of the solutions mentioned helped.

I use the most updated KMS on my Samsung galaxy s 21 Ultra. On Android 12.

When I activated applock the fingerprint works. But after activation, when I want to open an app, the scanner appears but it doesn't scan the finger. And I need to open the app through code.

Is there a solution?

Thank you

I use the most updated KMS on my Samsung galaxy s 21 Ultra. On Android 12. When I activated applock the fingerprint works. But after activation, when I want to open an app, the scanner appears but it doesn't scan the finger. And I need to open the app through code. Is there a solution? 

Hello @sjoeii

Welcome back!

• As of October 4th, 2021, the only Android 12 devices supported by Kaspersky are Google Android devices. 
  • We checked & confirmed this with Kaspersky Support agent & Kaspersky Technical Supervisor. 
  • Kaspersky have yet to offer full support for all other Android devices, their KIS Hardware and software requirements documentation still reflects support for devices 4.4 to 11.x.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @sjoeii

Update from Russia, Android 12 is supported, they’ve done the usual → update one repository & not the other 🙄.

1. Uninstall KIS, at the completion - power Android OFF, power ON, download new KIS, install & configure, if the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky support, either via Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunctionOther template. Support may request Logs, Traces & other Data, they will guide you. Also, it may help them if you provide a video of the issue. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

Hi,

There are several topics on this I see.

Unfortunately non of the solutions mentioned helped.

I use the most updated KMS on my Samsung galaxy s 21 Ultra. On Android 12.

When I activated applock the fingerprint works. But after activation, when I want to open an app, the scanner appears but it doesn't scan the finger. And I need to open the app through code.

Is there a solution?

Thank you

I also have the same problem with Android 12 in Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

I use Samsung Galaxy S 10 Lite Ultra. On Android 12. When I activated applock the fingerprint works. But after activation, when I want to open an app, the scanner appears but it doesn't scan the finger. And I need to open the app through code. Is there a solution?

Is there a solution?

Hello @DSG

Welcome!

1. Uninstall KIS, at the completion of the uninstall, power off the phone, power on, login. 
  2. Download a new KIS installer from Google Play Store. 
  3. Install KIS
  4. At the completion of the install, power off the phone, power on, login.
  5. Check the KIS version
  6. Configure KIS. 
  7. Configure App Lock follow → Performing initial configuration of App Lock - carefully. 
  8. Retest the issue? 
  9. IF the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky support, either via Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunctionOther template. Support may request Logs, Traces & other Data, they will guide you. Also, it may help them if you provide a video of the issue. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Read:

About App Lock

Locking access to apps

Launching protected apps