AntiSpam plugin for Outlook? ?

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

So from what i’ve read kaspersky no longer has an outlook plug-in for spam. Without the plug in is kaspersky really scanning my email? If not what is the anti-spam really doing then?

WIth email of course there are multiple protocols: POP, EAS (Exchange Active Sync), & Web Email. I’m assuming without an outlook add-in kaspersky can only scan POP email. I primarily use EAS & Web email. Is kaspersky not able to scan those? II not i’m assuming the “mail anti-virus” module is probably useless too?

Hello @ncage

Welcome!

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
Microsoft Office Outlook 2013
Microsoft Office Outlook 2016

• The Windows Live and Windows Mail email clients included in Windows 7 and Windows 10 respectively are not supported; this has always been the case, irrespective of the plugin loss of functionality. 
  • Essentially, now,  Anti-Spam / Advanced settings of Anti-Spam will mark a email if the mail meets defined parameters, however, the previous features of KTS Anti-Spam no longer exist. 
  • For supported Mail applications, Scan POP3, SMTP, NNTP, and IMAP traffic is available.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @ncage

Welcome!

Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
Microsoft Office Outlook 2013
Microsoft Office Outlook 2016
The Windows Live and Windows Mail email clients included in Windows 7 and Windows 10 respectively are not supported; this has always been the case, irrespective of the plugin loss of functionality. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Ya actually i’m using Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 (which of course is latest/greatest. So it seems like mail scanning is being deprecated. 

Hello @ncage,

You’re welcome!

• Correct, much to the dismay of many Kaspersky customers😠
  • Interestingly, Kaspersky business products continue to have effective Mail Anti-Virus & Mail Anti-Spam features, & Kaspersky continues to publish many articles warning “us” how bad spam is🙄
  • Sometimes, the outcome of dumbing down a product results in more than a dumb product🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

The absence of OL plug-in does not mean mail messages are not scanned if You still use Scan POP3, SMTP, NNTP, and IMAP traffic settings in Your email accounts, also labels are added to Subjects in Your messages, so You may create filters in Your OL to redirect to any folder there…

If using Web Email then the traffic there would be covered by FileAV…

• 4 weeks later...

So, within outlook, if an email is flagged as SPAM and we wish to tell Kaspersky that the sender is clean (or vice-versa), how do we do that from within Outlook? I’d hate to think that we need to open Kaspersky to set the exclusions/inclusions.

Moreover, do the anti-spam settings for Security Cloud sync across device installs?

Hello @mwashz,

Welcome!

1. What do you mean by “if we wish to tell Kaspersky that the sender is clean (or vice-versa)”? 
  2. Regarding “Anti-spam settings across device installs”, settings are managed locally.
  3. The Anti-spam feature marks spam emails, users must then manage any identified mail, either using Outlook rules or manually. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

Anti-Spam scans incoming email messages for spam. All messages containing spam are marked with a special header.

Blocking unwanted email (spam)

By “if we wish to tell kaspersky” I meant that typically there is a way in outlook to right clock the message and mark it as non-spam. However, ideally these identifications will go into the Kaspersky anti-spam settings instead of an outlook rule. So the final logical step would be for the security cloud software to sync the settings across machines, though I understand that is not currently a feature. With respect to sending the notifications to kaspersky anti-spam, this is the typical item that would be part of an outlook ribbon tab.

Hello @mwashz,

You’re welcome!

• Regarding the “ideal” scenario, that’s not how Outlook works in relation to Kaspersky Security Cloud, nor is it how Kaspersky Security Cloud Anti-spam works in relation to Outlook.
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud Anti-Spam, has many configurable features, all done in the Kaspersky Security Cloud GUI, how it works is as we’ve previously described, and as per the documentation.
  • If your comments are actually how you’d  like Kaspersky Security Cloud Anti-Spam to work, submit a Feedback → I have a suggestion request (see template image as a guide) to Kaspersky Technical Support

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳