An administrator has blocked you from running this app. MMC.exe

twassmer

Hello @twassmer

Welcome!

1. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Has the  ” An administrator has blocked you from running this app, KTS blocks MMC.exe “ just started or always existed? 
  3. Post a full screen image of ”An administrator has blocked you from running this app; KTS blocks MMC.exe “? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks Flood and Flood's wife!

Ad 1: Attached

Ad 2: Just started or just recognized

Ad 3: Not so easy as capturing does not work when that screen comes on - no switching between windows. Needed to take a picture of my screen with my cell phone.

Tom

Hello @twassmer, Tom, 

Thank you for the information👌

1. User account control alert → image 1, is not a Kaspersky alert. 
  2. The Windows account you use, does have Administrator privileges → correct?
  3. Run netplwiz (as Administrator), select your USER account name, select Properties, select Group Membership tab, check the profile is in the Administrator GROUP → image 3 ? 
  4. Via Task manager, can you access the Services tab → image 2
  5. Is Windows Smartscreen enabled?
  6. Pause & Exit KTS → image 4
  7. Repeat “try to start any of the system tools going through MMC.exe, e.g. Services.msc “, does the UAC “This app blocked…etc... “ alert persist? 
  8. Don’t forget to resume KTS protection, after the test → image 5

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks again! I am the only administrator on my machine and already deactivated Smartscreen before posting my issue. I also already tried pausing KTS without success but did not exit before. However, it still happens. I can access Services from the task manager and both mmc and services.msc through an elevated cmd window. I reached out there on the KTS forum because in one of the threads about this issue somebody wrote that nothing worked for them but uninstalling KIS. As I like KTS, I hope I will not need to do so…

Tom

Hello @twassmer, Tom, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for taking the time to post back👌

We’re delighted the issue is resolved🤸 , Good work, well done👏

Just a note, not sure which post you’re referring to “somebody wrote that nothing worked for them but uninstalling KIS. As I like KTS, I hope I will not need to do so…”, however, a permanent Kaspersky software uninstall would be the last thing, if at all, that we’d suggest. Apologies we did not get a chance to reply to you earlier😥

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋