Amazon Prime Videos blocked when Money activated

PenNib

When I have Money option activated I am not able to Stream from Amazon. When Money is deactivated Amazon Videos work. Are there any setting that would allow me to keep Money activated and not block Amazon? This is the message I am getting “We’re experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance please go to www.amazon.com/dv/error/7031”.  I only get this message when Money is active. Any suggestions?

Hello @PenNib

Welcome!

Please tell us: 

1. Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) version & patch(x) x=letter →  on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About, the popup window will show the information ? 
  2. Is Prime accessed via Prime app or browser? If “browser”, which browser? 
  3. Which browser is the system default browser? 
  4. Does the same “Error 7031 while Playing Prime Video Titles” happen in all supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
  5. Is the Kaspersky Protection extension installed & enabled? 
  6. Have you tried adding any exclusions for Amazon Prime, e.g. Web Anti-Virus → image 1? 
  7. May we have a full screen image of the problem? 

As a test only

🅰 If Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is unchecked, does  “Error 7031 while Playing Prime Video Titles” persist? 

🅱 If Do not scan encrypted connections is selected, does  “Error 7031 while Playing Prime Video Titles” persist? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

1. Kaspersky 21.1.15.500(c)
  2. Chrome
  3. Chrome is default.
  4. Interestingly Amazon Prime will work in Edge but not Firefox (We're experiencing a problem playing this video.) Again, if I turn off Money everything works.
  5. Kaspersky Extensions are installed and activated. Each browser is showing Kaspersky on top bar.
  6. Regarding exclusions for Amazon Prime, the only thing I see is for exclusions are for files or folders not websites. If there were it would cover all Amazon.

I tried the two test you suggested and found the same error on “If Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is unchecked, does “Error 7031 while Playing Prime Video Titles” persist?”. And I still get the same error.

The second test “If Do not scan encrypted connections is selected,”, yes it works just fine, I can view the streaming videos. I see this option turns off the Money option.

Since Edge is working, I just have to remember to choose it if I want to stream. I would like to get Chrome working as well but it is no longer critical.

Thanks for your help.

Hello @PenNib

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the additional information & image👌

Correct Do not scan encrypted connections does turn off Safe Money, that’s why this was requested as a test, not a solution. 

🅰 May we please ask, is there a specific reason for streaming amazon prime using the Safe Money protected browser

⚠ In the browser image (you posted), the Kaspersky protection extension (KPE) icon is from a much earlier KTS version → image 1; the KPE should look like a tiny green shield with a tick✔ → image 2, not an eye👁. 

For KTS v21. the KPE version is 1.3.8.0, last updated December 15, 2020, from memory, the shield, with the eye was version 2016, maybe to 2018, a long time ago anyway🙂

1. KTS is up to v21.2, please uninstall KTS v21.1, save License information only
  2. Clean install the latest version: 21.2.16.590.
  3. After installing and the reboot, run a manual Database update, then shutdown the computer using Shutdownnot Restart, power on, login, make sure Patch(b) → image 3 above, is applied, noting, it may be necessary to do the Shutdownnot Restart steps several times for the patch to be applied. 
  4. Recheck the Safe/money/prime/firefox Error 7031 while Playing Prime Video Titles issue, if it repeats, we’ll step you thru adding the Web Anti-virus, Anti-banner & Private browsing exclusions & logging a case with Kaspersky Technical Support. 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I upgraded to the latest Kaspersky and now everything is working properly. There was one glitch. After Upgrading I almost immediately had a BSOD. I haven't seen one of these in a very long time. After reset all is well again. Thanks for your help and pointing out the version update. Please consider this case closed.