After update Windows 1903 KTS blocks SMB traffic towards NAS

Since the Windows update towards 1903 which the last component was installed last night after my holiday i can't directly reach my NAS (QNAP) by SMB. The webinterface works but i can't get access by the file explorer towards my network shares and files. If i mute the protection of Kaspersky Total Security (version 19.0.0.1088(g) then i can reach my NAS. When i switch it back on then after i while (a few minutes) the connection is broken again. The only way to make it working again is mute the protection of Kaspersky Total Security. Is there anyone who recognized this problem? What do i have to do to make this work again?

Since the Windows update towards 1903 which the last component was installed ,i can't directly reach my NAS (QNAP) by SMB. The webinterface works but i can't get access by the file explorer towards my network shares and files. If i mute the protection of Kaspersky Total Security (version 19.0.0.1088(g) then i can reach my NAS. When i switch it back on then after i while (a few minutes) the connection is broken again. The only way to make it working again is mute the protection of Kaspersky Total Security. What do i have to do to make this work again?
Hello ewdevries, As well as the information from richbuff.
  1. When you say "since the Windows update towards 1903 which the last component was installed", do you have a restore point, that precedes "the last component" or have you uninstalled "the last component", rebooted, rechecked, reapplied "the last component", rebooted, rechecked?
  2. Checked the compatibility of 1903 "last component" with SMB/NAS (QNAP) ?
  3. May we know the update KB # please?
From the description, accessing files (NAS) by SMB works, with the connection interrupted after several minutes. (1) Check N/W shares config, remap /reset N/W shares. (2) Reset NAS (3) Remove Kaspersky software, reboot, checked accessing NAS using SMB: (a) > works > download and install new Kaspersky installer, reboot, recheck = works :thumbsup_tone3: (b) > works with the original issue present = not due to KTS, recheck the Windows upgrade/patches, if necessary contact MS Technical Support. (c) > doesn't work = contact Kaspersky TS. Please keep us updated? Thanks:pray_tone3:

Welcome. If the issue is not readily resolvable by adding an URL exception, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI
Yes i managed to do this by making an URL exception. But this is the first time in 4 years i have the Kaspersky license that i have to make an exception for my own NAS in my home network. That's strange it think. The latest Windows KB i get installed where: KB4512501. But i saw also, that my PC is on 1803 (not on 1903) as i mentioned before. I saw that my PC is ready for 1903 update. I will do that later this week.

ewdevries wrote: PC is on 1803 (not on 1903) as i mentioned before. I saw that my PC is ready for 1903 update.
ewdevries, Re: KB4512501 - https://www.windowscentral.com/august-patch-tuesday-updates-now-rolling-out-windows-10 --- As the upgrade to 1903 is 1. major, 2. skipping 1809, before upgrading, please ensure you have
  1. Current backups, system image and restore point.
Please follow this guidance:
  1. Uninstall Kaspersky software, before performing the 1903 upgrade
  2. Perform FULL shutdown
  3. After device restart proceed with 1903 upgrade.
  4. After 1903 has been upgraded and is stable, NW shares & NAS are all functioning as per your requirements, check Windows update settings, ensure the configuration is correct, download new KTS installer.
  5. Install KTS
  6. Perform FULL shutdown
  7. After device restart, ensure KTS is active, check KTS configuration and syncing with portal.
  8. Run "manual" database update - allow it to complete.
  9. Run manual Full Scan - allow it to complete.
Thanks

ewdevries wrote: PC is on 1803 (not on 1903) as i mentioned before. I saw that my PC is ready for 1903 update.
ewdevries, Re: KB4512501 - https://www.windowscentral.com/august-patch-tuesday-updates-now-rolling-out-windows-10 --- As the upgrade to 1903 is 1. major, 2. skipping 1809, before upgrading, please ensure you have
  1. Current backups, system image and restore point.
Please follow this guidance:
  1. Uninstall Kaspersky software, before performing the 1903 upgrade
  2. Perform FULL shutdown
  3. After device restart proceed with 1903 upgrade.
  4. After 1903 has been upgraded and is stable, NW shares & NAS are all functioning as per your requirements, check Windows update settings, ensure the configuration is correct, download new KTS installer.
  5. Install KTS
  6. Perform FULL shutdown
  7. After device restart, ensure KTS is active, check KTS configuration and syncing with portal.
  8. Run "manual" database update - allow it to complete.
  9. Run manual Full Scan - allow it to complete.
Thanks
Thanks for these tips! I will try to follow them!