JakeSDS

KES 11 crashing Hyper-V VMs on Windows Server 2019

Hi,

We have recently upgraded a Hyper-V host server to Windows Server 2019, 2 VMs were migrated from a Server 2016 Standard host with KES 11 and began restarting repeatedly. We determined this was Kaspersky Endpoint and after KES 11 was uninstalled the problem was resolved. Windows event viewer only states that power was lost.

2 new VMs were created, one Windows 10 and one Windows Server 2016 Standard, both new VMs started crashing when KES 11 was installed. Kaspersky Security for Servers is on several other VMs on the host and does not cause a problem.

The two new VMs seemingly installed KES 11 successfully before crashing however there is a notification to reinstall Kaspersky on the W10 VM, therefore the GSI report may not be as useful.

We have several Windows Server 2016 Standard and Windows Server 2012 which host VMs with KES 11 without any issues.

I have 2 GSI reports from the VMs however the upload is failing.

Thanks, I've run the updates on the installation package and downloaded the KSC10_KES11.zip from the plug-in centre however the version number is still showing as 11.0.0.6499.

Is there a way to manually download the patch?

Regards

Ask Support for download-source.

Or you can ask for latest PF for KES11.0.0.6499 and integrating this in your installation-package. 
As far as I know, KES10.0.1.90 correspond to KES10.0.0.6499 with PF5072, https://support.kaspersky.com/14712#block2 

My current state is KES10.0.0.6499_PF5101

Regards
Alex

Upgrading to KES 11.0.1.90 has made no change to the restarting. Any Hyper-V VMs on our Server 2019 host with KES restart within seconds of booting in an endless cycle. I am also unable to get any GSI reports from the VM as the restarts happen almost immediately. 

Is there a way to determine exactly what is it within Endpoint that is causing the restart?

43 минуты назад, JakeSDS сказал:

Upgrading to KES 11.0.1.90 has made no change to the restarting. Any Hyper-V VMs on our Server 2019 host with KES restart within seconds of booting in an endless cycle. I am also unable to get any GSI reports from the VM as the restarts happen almost immediately. 

Is there a way to determine exactly what is it within Endpoint that is causing the restart?

Hello!

Please create an incident in your Company account.

Thank you!

We have a similar problem with Kaspersky Antivirus. Crash on startup or a few seconds after that. Deinstalling Kaspersky doesn't work as it needs a reboot (on which it crashes). We installed a fresh Windows 10 on a Hyper-V host and only installed Kaspersky Antvirus (startup_14908.exe). It crashed while installing. So, asking the customers to create an incident won't help the rest of us. Please fix this asap as we can't migrate our clients to newer hosts!

Just a heads up - Kaspersky Security for Windows Server can be installed on Window 10, its installer does not limit OS to server only.

Maybe it can fill the gap until the patch for KES 11 BSODs is released.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:39 PM, oren16 said:

I'm having a similar problem. Waiting for a fix..

I have same problem with Kaspersky Free, Windows 10 (1809) as host, moment i install KAV free inside VM machine it crashes.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.