Sign in to follow this  
rosco1011

Internet connection speed drops 10x with internet security 2013

Hi there.

My new fibreoptic connection of 80Mb was running very slow and BT was unable to resolve the problem.

I have since found that Kaspersky internet security was the problem.

Measured by multiple internet explorer speed sites, or simply Steam download, pausing Kaspersky download speed goes from 7Mbs to 70Mbs - a 10x increase in speed.

I therefore can't find any reason to think Kaspersky is not responsible.

Anyone with any ideas, as I would like to continue using Kaspersky?

Rosco

getsysteminfo link:

getsysteminfo

hello

are you running it with the default settings or did you change anything? Does disabling only the web anti-virus improve the speeds?

hello

are you running it with the default settings or did you change anything? Does disabling only the web anti-virus improve the speeds?

Yes default settings, freshly installed on a recent new build windows 7.

I had previously tried disabling system watcher with no effect.

But look, this is a bit embarrassing, because just as I'm testing your idea to disable web anti-virus, I am getting full speeds with Kaspersky enabled!

It had been a problem for the last week, and now magically seems to have resolved itself....

Thank you for your input, but currently problem seems to be resolved. I will update again if I re-experience the same problem.

regards

rosco