Hi :)

I have recently upgraded from KIS 2009 to KIS 2012 using the uninstall wizard (only checking to keep activation code). Since upgrade my PC has been giving me a blue screen of death on shut down and is running really slow on most tasks i.e. when right click My Computer >> properties etc. I couldn't even get it to clean up temp files that way, had to use CC Cleaner.

I am using Windows XP Professional v2002 with SP3 (all updates up to date)

No separate firewall, anti-trojan, anti-spyware, or backup software, I do use CC Cleaner.

GSI log here: GSI log

I am a bit of a novice so any help would be muchly appreciated :)

thanks in advance :)

try to upgrade this driver

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC: New update available

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC: New update available

Thank you for the reply, I wasn't sure what to do so I grabbed the file from Realtek, unzipped it into the Realtek prog files. Nothing seemed to happen so how do I know if it has worked?

Sorry for being so dumb, complete novice at this :)

In addition to what Sjoeii had suggested, I would clear out your Windows temp folder.....in order to update that driver you may need to go into the Device Manger, select the Realteck device under Network Connections, right click on it and from the drop down menu, select update driver........browse/point it to the unzipped folder you downloaded from the internet......

In addition to what Sjoeii had suggested, I would clear out your Windows temp folder.....in order to update that driver you may need to go into the Device Manger, select the Realteck device under Network Connections, right click on it and from the drop down menu, select update driver........browse/point it to the unzipped folder you downloaded from the internet......

Yes I did try that first of all but it said windows could not find a more updated driver :unsure:

I cleared windows temp folder using CC Cleaner which said all temp folders were clear.

Hi hoemee

I had a quick look at your GSI, and i agree with the following quotes.

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC: New update availablet

and

Also what i would like to know is how you uninstalled the previous version?

was it using the removal tool or via the control panel.

If you uninstalled via the control panel then it might be worth running the removal tool and reinstalling to ensure a fresh installation (making sure that your).

The removal tool can be found here

Removal Tool

and the latest version of KIS 2012 is here

KIS 2012 (UK)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi hoemee

I had a quick look at your GSI, and i agree with the following quotes.

and

Also what i would like to know is how you uninstalled the previous version?

was it using the removal tool or via the control panel.

If you uninstalled via the control panel then it might be worth running the removal tool and reinstalling to ensure a fresh installation (making sure that your).

The removal tool can be found here

Removal Tool

and the latest version of KIS 2012 is here

KIS 2012 (UK)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi

I have tried updating the driver via device manager/driver update (no luck - said it already had latest version). I then tried putting the downloaded zip file/folder into the realtek prog files. Am not sure if that worked.

I uninstalled previous version by the uninstall wizard not "add/remove" programme/control panel :)

How can I tell if my driver has indeed updated??

Driver: Under your GSI log it shows driver version 5.719 installed......click on the driver download tab under the GIS results.....the one you want to download is the 6th one down - WinXP auto install program......download this zipped file to your desktop and then double click on it to open it......then double click on the revealed folder......double click on the Setup file (application).....install the updated driver. Check after it is done to reflect version 5.674.807.207 installed.......

Temp files: Manually browse to C:\Windows\temp folder and see if it is empty.......if not, select all items in the folder and delete.......

...also post a new GIS report after this........

Edited by hoemee

Hi

Thank you for your reply :)

Driver: Under your GSI log it shows driver version 5.719 installed......click on the driver download tab under the GIS results.....the one you want to download is the 6th one down - WinXP auto install program......download this zipped file to your desktop and then double click on it to open it......then double click on the revealed folder......double click on the Setup file (application).....install the updated driver. Check after it is done to reflect version 5.674.807.207 installed.......

well I thought that worked (tyvm its now saying driver 5.674.... is installed) but my GIS report is saying it still needs updating :(

I can't work out how to post a screen shot from photobucket :(

Temp files: Manually browse to C:\Windows\temp folder and see if it is empty.......if not, select all items in the folder and delete.......

I had 437 files, it will only let me delete 426 its saying "prog in use" when I get to "Perflib_Perfdata_26c" and "klsD701.tmp" there are 11 of those similarly named files left

Again can't post screenshot :(

...also post a new GIS report after this........

GIS report here

I'm getting a bit tired now as I've been on this problem most of the day so maybe I am doing something wrong?

Hi

Thank you for your reply :)

well I thought that worked (tyvm its now saying driver 5.674.... is installed) but my GIS report is saying it still needs updating :(

OK, sorry about that - it was my error in the previous post...we want the 5.719 driver - that is the latest one we want installed........

Do you still have PC Angel installed on this computer?

OK, sorry about that - it was my error in the previous post...we want the 5.719 driver - that is the latest one we want installed........

Do you still have PC Angel installed on this computer?

what is PC Angel? never heard of it before :)

There are traces of it installed on your computer - apparently it is backup and restore software used for recovery in the event of a disaster. Perhaps someone installed/removed it befor e you. Here is a link to a search on Google:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic170315.html

Oh yes sorry I read about it yday after posting (asking) it must be the recovery software put on here by HP so yes its still on PC have no intention of taking that off :)

In addition to what others have suggested in the above posts,

Any changes noted with your original issues? If bsod continues, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Yes am still getting bsod on shutdown and PC is still very slow doing certain tasks. Thank you for the link, will contact them today as my license is up for renewal in 7 days and if it doesn't improve I'll remove KIS and go with something else :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.