Sign in to follow this  
Mayfair

Detected threats flashes. KIS 2011

Greetings. This is my first post as a newly registered member.

Having detected and deleted (I hope) a trojan following a full scan I have found that the info on the 'Detected Threats' page just flashes up briefly and then disappears.

I'm sure any threats have been dealt with but why should this happen?

This is happening to me too , in "Detected threats" >All , trojans detected appear only for 1 second and then immediatly they disappear ,

KIS 11.0.1.400 (a)

I think this happend yesterday when after a update kaspersky required a reboot

hello

-what was detected the first time?

-where was it detected?

-what kaspersky version?

-what is the highlighted detected threats view?

Hi.

I can only answer two of the questions as the information is on the screen for less that a second.

I've updated to 11.0.1.400(a)

On the report page the coloured section shows a trojan has been detected.

It appears the next post from 'agoni' covers the same problem.

Hope you can help.

As a 'newbie' to the forums, but not a newcomer to KIS, I am disappointed that I have had only one response to my first post.

I have enjoyed 'guesting' on the forums and have been very impressed with the way that topics have been dealt with and the many solutions that have been successfully found to most problems.

My only reply, from Lucian Bara, asked me to provide information that I could not obtain, so I gave what answers I could, and mentioned that another user had posted much the same question.

I'm not experienced enough to copy the original question here but it concerned the 'Detected Threats' page that flashes up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

This seems to follow an update that happended and the request to reboot when the update had finished.

I had previously carried out a full scan and a Trojan was detected but I am unable to find any information about it and would like to be assured that there are no remaing problems.

All systems are 'green' so I believe I'm ok. but what about the disappearing page?

Edited by Toby Jugg

I recently upgraded to KIS 2011 ver 11.0.10400(a) and have had a couple of minor problems.

Mainly the disappearing Detected Threats information which has been experienced by at least one other user.

When the Detected Threats tab is clicked the information flashes up for a microsecond and then disappears.

Should I uninstall 2011 (and what's the best way to do it?) and reinstall 2010 from my disc and hope any further upgrades will not have the same problem?

I have had no useful help at all from the Technical Support team in the UK.

Thanks in anticipation.

hi please read and follow the instructions in this sticky thread. it will help you clean install 2010 instead of 2011 or reinstall 2011 properly. if you upgrade between versions it can lead to issues like the one you describe sometimes if you don't completely remove the previous installation.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

Hi. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please bear with me, I've got a lot of candles on my birthday cake!

The upgrade was done following a message on the KIS site to download 2011 and to the best of my knowledge 2010 was removed during the process. Everything appeared to be working well until an update a few days later asked me to reboot after the download. My report page shows I have 4 Trojans and 1 Virus following a scan last week and although I'm confident that these have been dealt with by KIS, (Green Lights all round) the Detected Threats page will not display where these were or what action has been taken.

I haven't had any other AV product on my computer, nor have I got Adaware or Spybot or anything similar.

I've looked at the 'sticky thread' and am not sure if this is applicable.

Your help would be appreciated.

I seem to have the same problem as one or two other members with ver 11.0.1.400 which was an internet upgrade from 2010.

If I uninstall KIS 2011, use the removal tool, as described, how then can I re-install if KIS is no longer on my system?

Would I need to 'Google' Kaspersky and download from their site and would there be any problems doing it this way?

It is very simple. Download the installer from here http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates Save it onto your desktop or downloads folder.

Make sure you have your activation code handy.

Uninstall via the control panel then run the removal tool here: http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/knowl...se-article/1464 Select all known products when running the removal tool. Reboot.

Run the previously save installer. If vista or windows 7, then right click and Run as Administrator. You will need your activation code, the same one that you used for 2010 to install 11.0.1.400. Update then reboot.

Edited by rudger79

It is very simple. Download the installer from here http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates Save it onto your desktop or downloads folder.

Make sure you have your activation code handy.

Uninstall via the control panel then run the removal tool here: http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/knowl...se-article/1464 Select all known products when running the removal tool. Reboot.

Run the previously save installer. If vista or windows 7, then right click and Run as Administrator. You will need your activation code, the same one that you used for 2010 to install 11.0.1.400. Update then reboot.

Many thanks for the info.

My internet connection is running a bit slow at the moment so I will try again tomorrow and let you know if this has worked.

I merged five (5) topic threads to make this one topic thread. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Please bookmark, or make note of this link: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=180548

Please click it, and use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, to reply to the same issue. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Also, when you log onto the forum, you can click your user name (at the bottom or top of the page) and then select Find members posts, from the options.

That way, it is not a new topic for every reply. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Hi. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please bear with me, I've got a lot of candles on my birthday cake!

The upgrade was done following a message on the KIS site to download 2011 and to the best of my knowledge 2010 was removed during the process. Everything appeared to be working well until an update a few days later asked me to reboot after the download. My report page shows I have 4 Trojans and 1 Virus following a scan last week and although I'm confident that these have been dealt with by KIS, (Green Lights all round) the Detected Threats page will not display where these were or what action has been taken.

I haven't had any other AV product on my computer, nor have I got Adaware or Spybot or anything similar.

I've looked at the 'sticky thread' and am not sure if this is applicable.

Your help would be appreciated.

just had some nice rich chocolate birthday cake myself with one more candle on.

yes it is applicable. it will resolve a lot of the problems you have been experiencing. treat your installed version as an old one. for example 2009 for the sake of following the sticky to the letter. follow rudger's instructions in post #10 of this thread which is a much simplified version of the same thing.

Edited by antikythera

Many thanks to all.

I've done the uninstall, removal, and reinstall as detailed and lt seems to have got rid of all the little glitches.

Fingers crossed I don't have any more problems but if I do I know where to come.

My first post, in August, identified that the Detected Threats page just flashed briefly and then disappeared.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, as recommended, and thought my problems had been solved.

Next the scanner and camera wizard wouldn't operate, so, again, as recommended, I used another programme to upload photos.

Next I found my Canon CD LabelPrint was erratic and I was advised to add to Trusted Applications.

All of these things, plus slow internet speed, IE not responding, slow performance, pages freezing, Picture and Fax Viewer freezing etc etc and any number of other things that have been reported by other users, because Kasperky made a complete hash of the upgrade.

Following a full scan today all of the above reappeared and I had to go through the whole process of uninstalling and reinstalling again.

In the UK a company is held legally accountable if it sells a product that is "not fit for its purpose" and the consumer is entitled, at the very least, to a refund or compensation.

Will Kaspersky consider this I wonder?

It is incredible that Kaspersky has not yet addressed these issues, nor have I seen any form of apology or explanation from the company.

Are any of the moderators employed by Kaspersky?

If so, are they reporting these issues to the company?

My licence is due for renewal in a couple of months and at the moment I do not feel that a renewal is worthy of the cost.

I, and other paying users, should not have to tolerate such extremely poor service from an organisation that claims such a large customer base.

Are any of the moderators employed by Kaspersky?
Some are, some aren't. The moderators moderate the forum.

And they post instructions for you to follow. I posted instructions in post #12 of this forum. Yet you refuse. Why?

Kaspersky employees do Product stuff. Moderators do forum moderation stuff. Sometimes they provide instructions for you. Please check your PM.

Also, pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

Edited by richbuff

I didn't deserve that.

As far as I am concerned I was making new comments and asking new questions that any dissatisfied customer would ask of a company that has provided a poor service.

I have followed previous instructions from moderators and contributors, with success, but on one occasion I believe I accidently posted in the wrong place.

Perhaps you should excercise some patience and tolerance with those who are not as familiar with procedures as you are. (Never made a mistake richbuff?)

As for the threat contained in your email, I am 68 years of age, sonny, and that has no effect on me whatsoever and you only succeeded in tipping the scales in favour of me not renewing my licence this year.

I notice you only responded to part of my comments. Why would you be selective in what you choose to answer?

It would appear that many people are frustrated over the problems encountered with this upgrade and when customers start voting with their feet and choose another product, will Kaspersky wonder why?

As for contacting Kaspersky support in the UK, that was my first attempt to solve my initial problem.

It was like swimming in treacle.

The site appeared to be manned by a semi-literate moron who didn't read the enquiry properly and failed to offer a solution, preferring to put the blame on another programme or application.

It's a buyers market so let's hope Kaspersky can get its act together.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.