Jump to content
Arno

Problems with Outlook 2003

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

we have Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstations 5.0.200 installed and if I start Outlook 2003 I get the message "addon..... \mcou.dll could not be loaded or installed" on a few workstations.

What could this be?

Best Regards

Arno

post-2050-1119358749.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Good morning Arno!

If i'm not wrong mcou.dll is related to MailChecker (Outlook plugin). It seems that during KAV installation such a library has not been properly registered (you may check on Outlook options menu that KAV tab is not present)...KAV 5.0.177 had a problem with this dll but it should be fixed now....maybe....

Anyway i can suggest two solutions: 1) try to unregister-register again that DLL; 2) uninstall KAV and try again.....poor solutions but i hope they help you!

Mastropizza

Share this post


Link to post

Hello mastropizza,

 

thank you for your reply. First I found the place in Outlook, to disable the MailChekker, now I don`t have the errormessage any more. Now I can try to fix the problem. I think the reason for this error was the installation of the outlook extension from David MX (faxserver in germany), because before this installation all was working fine.

 

Thank you for yuor help!

 

Best Regards

 

Arno

Share this post


Link to post

Good morning everybody!

 

I fixed my problem as follows:

First I deactivated the mail checker in the Add In Manager (Outlook Options), then I removed Kaspersky Antivirus for Workstations, then I did a new Installation.

Now everything is working fine!

 

Best Regards

 

Arno

Share this post


Link to post
Is there a PATCH\fix u can run instead of re-installing the KAV??

 

I had a very similar message

" Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5\mcou.dll" was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in [Yes] [No].

To reactivate this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Outlook on the help menu and then click Disabled Items"

 

I worked with Kaspersky Partner support, deleting files, running tracer programs and providing logs. In the end the Kaspersky Partner Support advice was the same as Arno's solution.

 

In outlook go to tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>Add-in Manager and untick the Kaspersky mail checker. Then uninstall and reinstall the Kaspersky for workstations application.

 

I only did this today but so far my Outlook is running better. I will keep you posted.

 

Note, I deploy my workstations via a Kaspersky server and I did not uninstall the Network agent or run the registry clean utility.

I manually uninstalled the application from the PC Add/remove programs then used my Kaspersky server to re-deploy the application

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.