General provisions of the Kaspersky Support Forum
- The Forum of Kaspersky product users was created for the purpose of resolving issues encountered while using Kaspersky products.
- The Forum provides help to users with commercial licenses and trial licenses, and to users of free utilities (if a Forum participant has sufficient expertise on working with the free utilities).
- Kaspersky cannot guarantee that a user's issue will be resolved by submitting a query to the Forum.
- If necessary, Kaspersky employees may ask a user to submit a request to Technical Support using the standard channels for submitting requests.
- Forum help is provided by Kaspersky employees and by other participants of the Forum. Any Forum participant who is not banned can respond to open queries.
- The Forum is not intended for advertisements of third-party software, services, or other topics that do not directly relate to resolving issues encountered when working with Kaspersky products.
- Communication in the Forum is regulated by the norms of business correspondence. Any disrespectful treatment of other participants or Kaspersky, obscenities or other violations of business ethics may incur punishments up to and including exclusion from participation in the Forum (please refer to the list of violations of Forum rules below).
- Each section of the Forum may have its own specific rules that are established by the leaders of the particular section without conflicting with the main rules of the Forum.
- The Forum is not intended for discussing other topics that are not related to resolving issues with Kaspersky products. You are advised to conduct all other discussions on the portal of the Kaspersky Club. Threads that are not related to technical support will be deleted by the Forum administration.
- We do not recommend that Technical Support phone numbers are published, as they can be changed at any time, which can be confusing to other forum members.
Kaspersky Support Forum participants may:
- Create their own queries addressed to other participants of the Forum for the purpose of resolving an issue encountered when using a Kaspersky product.
- Participate in resolving the issues experienced by other users of the Forum, mainly by providing their own recommendations and instructions aimed at resolving the issues described in other people's threads.
- Evaluate the quality of responses by other Forum participants using the standard features of the portal (Like, Share, Solution, etc.).
- Participate in surveys, research, discussions, and beta tests conducted by Kaspersky employees.
The following are considered to be violations of the Kaspersky Support Forum rules:
- Unethical behavior (obscenity, rudeness, or insults directed at other participants or at the company).
- Request for the publication of information, including reports and logs, that may contain personal data or confidential data.
- Flood (creation of meaningless queries or messages).
- Spam (publication of advertising materials, including in a user signature).
- Bumping (publication of meaningless messages for the purpose of raising a query to the top of the list).
- Incitement of conflict based on religion, national or geopolitical affiliation, politics, gender, age, sexual orientation, or other differences between participants of the Forum.
- Publication of links or software from third-party vendors of information security products, or their use when resolving issues (if Kaspersky has already developed similar products).
- Ignoring the requests of moderators and administrators.
- Consistent failure to stay on topic (publication of messages that are not aimed at resolving the problem of the person who started the thread).
- Consistent violation of specific rules of particular sections.
- Publication of malicious files or links.
- Posting links to sites asking to change the reputation of the site on KSN. Such topics will be removed without warning.