Youtube URL restricted but still accessible on child device through google chrome

MAF

I have been using safekids for a year now, and youtube.com url has been successfully blocked before. All of sudden a few days ago my child is able to access it normally despite it still appearing on the blocked websites. all other restricted websites are blocked appropriately. Also when he accesses youtube it does not appear in the internet history log in the kaspersky safekids. Please advice.

Hello @MAF

Welcome!

1. Which device OS & version: Windows, MAC, Android, refer: How to find the version of your operating system
  2. Which KSK version & patch(x), x = letter, refer: How to find out which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your device
  3. Have any extensions/addons been installed to Chrome? 
  4. Has Chrome been reset to default? 
  5. Has a VPN been installed/activated? 
  6. Has KSK been uninstalled & clean installed? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Updated browser questions

Thank you for your reply, here is the info you needed,

1. Which device OS & version: Windows, MAC, Android, refer: How to find the version of your operating system?  Macbook pro , MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6
  2. Which KSK version & patch(x), x = letter, refer: How to find out which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your device? KSK 1.6.0.142 2020 
  3. Have any extensions/addons been installed to Chrome?  yes Grammarly, Kami and speed test by Ookla. all have been there before the problem started
  4. Has Chrome been reset to default? Yes, this seems to have resolved the issue!
  5. Has a VPN been installed/activated? No
  6. Has KSK been uninstalled & clean installed? yes, done and problem still persisting

happy to report youtube is blocked again, I will do the same on the windows as well since I've been having issues with it too.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello @MAF

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the update! 

• Well done?, we're delighted to read you've resolved the issue with MAC/Chrome/YouTube?‍♂️

We anticipate the same result for Windows/Chrome/YouTube.... 

• ?Please note the additional important advice from Kaspersky:

Kaspersky Safe Kids for Mac, supports Safe Search in the following search engines: Google (including "Ok Google"), Bing, Mail.ru, Yandex, Yahoo! and YouTube.

Important: If the child searches for something using the Google search engine in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, the Safe Search option does not work and the search request is not displayed in the reports on My Kaspersky.

To address this issue: set Safari as the default search browser or disable HTTP3 (QUIC) protocol in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. 

To disable HTTP3 (QUIC) protocol in Google Chrome, in the Chrome address bar type: chrome://flags, in the search field search for:  Experimental QUIC protocol, select Disabled.

If there's any ongoing issues, please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?