Youtube Kids no historical data

StePits
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

On 12/3/2022 at 2:35 AM, StePits said:

I test YouTube and everything is Ok - URLs that the child has seen in the past, but we use YouTube kids now and I can only see the time the child spends but not the individual views.

Hello @StePits

Welcome!

We tested (watching 7 different Kaspersky videos?) & can replicate the issue, KSK is collecting a generic YouTube default URL: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kaspersky for all:

image.thumb.png.4d0606e5bf538d640cc787cf9ae89a16.png

1. Please log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KSK Report & a detailed history; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
  • & Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

I agree that all google and youtube searches are recorded in the report.

All youtubes videos that play are recorded in the report.

But when we use youtube kids, it only records your usage time but not the content.

Fortunately you can view the videos history from the kid google account into youtube kids.

I will see it again but I am 99% sure that it cannot record it by KSK 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:11 PM, StePits said:
  1. But when we use youtube kids, it only records your usage time but not the content.

Fortunately, you can view the videos history from the kid google account into YouTube kids.

I will see it again, but I am 99% sure that it cannot record it by KSK 

Hello @StePits

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the clarification!

1. Which type of device is being monitored by KSK: Windows, MC, Android, iOS? 
  2. YouTube Kids is an app, app web activity is not recorded by KSK. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Added 2

• Solution
On 12/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, StePits said:

1. At the moment in 4 android devices but I will see it again soon in windows 11 laptop. I will give feedback.

2. YouTube kids is an app like YouTube in android. Not web app.

So, we say that it is not possible but maybe it should be because it is the YouTube for kids: https://www.youtubekids.com/

Hello @StePits

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional information!

1. For Android, KSK will not collect / report any web activity done via an app. 
  2. For YouTubeKids accessed via a Chrome browser, on a Windows 10 device, KSK does collect & report the activity:

image.thumb.png.341178446d21204c2611ddcc350835c4.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Hello! again.

I want to come back a bit

I keep my doubts about it -> "For Android, KSK will not collect / report any web activity done via an app".

I was sure about the app "youtube kids" but about the app "youtube" no

I want to see it to make sure. .. I will be back

Edited by StePits
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, StePits said:

I keep my doubts about it -> "For Android, KSK will not collect / report any web activity done via an app".

1. I was sure about the app "youtube kids" but about the app "youtube" no

I want to see it to make sure. .. I will be back

Hello @StePits

Welcome back!

When you come back please share some URLs / YouTube video names that are not showing in the KSK Reports when accessed using the Android & YouTube *app*- we will test & compare the results? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

*app*

Hello @StePits

Additional:

• App monitoring  - Android - KSK - YouTube app & YouTube Kids app:

- no detail is recorded other than the *time/duration* of use. 

StePits-KSK-YT-YTK.thumb.png.74cb9de410ef6828caf8ea29af64999b.png

• Web activity monitoring - Windows - KSK - YouTube app & YouTube Kids app:

- via the *web* - in *Internet Reports*, KSK shows detail = *video name*, selecting that will open the specific video:

Screenshot_20240305-183800_KasperskySafeKids.thumb.jpg.6d453888760a831d4c3bd7c5af985395.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

1 hour ago, StePits said:

Summary screen for the child and for 1 week.

He only uses application YouTube Kids and some Games.

Web activity monitoring is on - active.

• Internet Report: No web activity detected during last month.

Hello @StePits,

Thank you for the information & the image!

1. Because it's been a long time since December 3rd, 2022, now is a good time to record the OS version & build of *all* devices - How to find the version of your operating system & the KSK versionsHow to find out which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your device - installed on *all* devices - including yours please? 
  2. Regarding the *Applications Summary* Report, may we see the 16 entries in Details please? 
  3. Re "Internet Report: No web activity detected during last month." - we'll discuss this after you post back please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

USER_2024-03-08_185229.png

added 3.

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for the reply.

Now I answer number 2.

Because the weekly report breaks down the days one by one I see that one day had the most registrations within that period.

I will answer number 1. later in the day or tomorrow

Capture - Kids - my.kaspersky.com.jpg

Edited by StePits
  • Thanks 1

Hi there,

Answer number 1

I, the Father, usually do settings - checks either from web - my kaspersky - Kids or from my android mobile 13 version with KSK premiun app version 1.103.0.3. I have not  install in pc windows 11. Only Kaspersky Premium edition ... active

My first child, that I bring to this example, uses for the application YT kids last version on android tablet 13 and the same version of it KSK 1.103.0.3. (Laptop windows 11, he doesn't use it now lately and so he hasn't used youtube kits (web) in a while)

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I am the administrator of Google Family Link.

The answer given by Google for the specific question is that even the parent cannot see the history except from the child's own device. Specifically:

You can review your child’s watch history for YouTube Kids in Watch it again.

On your child’s mobile device or tablet:

• Tap Watch it again  at the top of the home screen.

On your child’s computer:

• In the top corner of the screen, select your child’s profile picture to view the Watch it again videos.

Note: Only videos viewed in YouTube Kids on that device will show up in Watch it again.

Something that of course does not apply to normal YouTube

Do we have to use normal youtube which is fully manageable....

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, StePits said:

I, the Father, usually do settings - checks either from web - my kaspersky - Kids or from my android mobile 13 version with KSK premiun app version 1.103.0.3. (A) I have not  install in pc windows 11. Only Kaspersky Premium edition ... active

My first child, that I bring to this example, uses for the application YT kids last version on android tablet 13 and the same version of it KSK 1.103.0.3. (Laptop windows 11, he doesn't use it now lately and so he hasn't used youtube kits (web) in a while)

3 hours ago, StePits said:

I am the administrator of Google Family Link.

Hello @StePits
Thank you for posting back & the information!

(A) How did you manage to install & configure KSK *correctly* on the Windows computer - wihout a parent profile? 

1. When you say - my first child - is there more than *one* child & the *same* issue is happening for the second OR *all* of your children - on *other* devices that have not been mentioned here in your previous reply? 
  2. When the first child accesses the web - on the Android, which browser is he using? 
  3. We're not quite clear about this, IF he's been using the web on the Laptop - in the last month, which browser is used? 
  4. In (your) MyKaspersky, Kids tab, Application monitoring, how is Settings configured? 
  5. May we know the age group (your) first child is in please? 
  6. In Google Family Link, which options are enabled? 
  7. May we have a  full-screen-screenprint of the Family & other users - please hide any private information before posting, your child's name, for example USER_2024-03-11_210248.thumb.png.c3f3806d278bda5fd62b838d72cdb80b.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

1. Yes, I have 2 children and I have designated them both 2 to 8 years old for reasons of limitation. Yes, it happens in both.

2. They are of no use at all web browser on android. Only YouTube Kids application.

3. Now he is using it Firefox (Laptop Windows 11).

4. I am sending you some pictures

5. 8 years both.

6. Daily usage limit and partial time limit on YouTube Kids App.

If you need anything else, I'm happy to tell you/give it to you.

AppReport1.jpg

AppReport2.jpg

settings1.jpg

settings2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hello @StePits

Thank you for the information!

1. While we are working on this problem, in (your) MyKaspersky account, please change the language to English, see our image, so the images shared are in English. Note - this is a temporary change please. image.thumb.png.7d20f2520b02b66f31015c36c9db07ab.png
  2. Please show us this screen from your child's Windows computer - please hide his username but nothing else - if *both* children use the same computer - hide both usernames. IF the second child has their own Windows computer - please show us the same screen, from their computer & identify the images as Child 1 computer, Child 2 computer please:                                 image.thumb.png.d2c29698477b121cc882985f71407fc0.png
  3. On your children(s) Windows computer, please post back this screen, hide (your) username but nothing else:image.thumb.png.1fa6b1b90f803af0cb2cc0680da8e68d.png

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I think we have found the solution for the issue.

In windows normally the history is recorded by KSK.

In android this is not even seen in the family link control  of her own Google. It remains only on the child's device. So here the problem lies with Google itself.

To send the information you want but it makes no sense.

I think we have found the solution for the issue.

In windows normally the history is recorded by KSK.

In android this is not even seen in the family link control  of her own Google. It remains only on the child's device. So here the problem lies with Google itself.

To send the information you want but it makes no sense.

Hello @StePits

Thank you for the update!

We're trying to help you, some of the information provided to date is not matching up; we'd like to make sure all elements of KSK are ok? 

Also, we do not disagree with (your) diagnosis, but we're not entirely sure it's the only root cause. 

Please send the requested information? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello again,

Unfortunately, the windows 11, that the child uses, are in Greek, so it doesn't make sense to print screen.

The family is not set in the Microsoft Family.

I (father) account is local administrator account.

The Kid account is local user

I feel, everything that can be recorded - is recorded

• Thanks 1