Youtube in Firefox keeps asking me to Sign in [merged with redux]

reldahr
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello

Every time I click on “Subscriptions”, YouTube in Firefox keeps asking me to sign in.

i get asked to do this multiple times in one sitting. The problem also occurs when I try to leave a comment.

I found out online that the problem was caused by Kaspersky and indeed uninstalling Kaspersky fixes this issue. It was also mentioned that this bug will be fixed by November 2020. We are in the end of December and the problem still persists.

Please help if anyone knows how to fix this. This problem started happening to me abut 1 month ago (End of Nov 2020).

Thank you

• Solution

Hello @reldahr

Thank you for the update👌

The fix for the known Firefox/Kaspersky bug, is KIS version 21.2.16.590(b)

• Uninstall 21.1.15.500©, save License information only
  • Download & clean install 21.2.16.590, after installing and shutting down the computer, power on, login, open KIS, check the version, run a manual Database updateshut down the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, open KIS, check patch(b) has been applied, if Yes, recheck Firefox issue. 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you for the quick reply but how do i install version 21.2.16.590b .

The link sends me to a page that says “Run Database Update to Install patch”. When i run the database update, the version stays at 21.1.15.500.

When i click on the Download button, it takes me to the main product page, When i try to download from there, it again tries to download version 21.1.15.500

Is version 21.2.16.590b officially released yet?

I don’t know if this is a problem or not but my version of Windows 10 is a bit old. I am running version 10.0.18363.

Thank you again for the help

Hello @reldahr,

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. 1909 (10.0.18363), released November 12, 2019, is compliant with KIS hardware requirements & is not massively old, although, it would be a good idea to update when you have time. 
  2. Yes  21.2.16.590b is officially released, however, there are a few locations where there’s an ongoing issue with patch(b), may we know your location - country please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I am from Canada, Quebec, Thank you

Hello @reldahr

Thank you👌

There’s another/different ongoing issue with the Kaspersky Canada website😥 . 

• We’ve downloaded the installer for you https://icedrive.net/0/167KY6A5rw
  • ❗ Make sure you uninstall 21.1.15.500©, save License information only❗ before installing 21.2.16.590. 
  • And, make sure you do the Database update & shutdown steps as advised earlier, noting, it may be necessary to shutdown several times to apply patch(b).

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I was having the same problem as the original poster, and wanted to add the instructions above worked for me also. Firefox no longer logs me out of YouTube constantly, and things seem back to normal. That had been driving me crazy for 3 months. Thanks!

FYI, not sure if this is part of v 21.2.16.590(b) but when I reinstalled KIS, I opted to NOT add the Kaspersky VPN but it installed anyway.

Instructions from above:

• Uninstall 21.1.15.500©, save License information only
  • Download & clean install 21.2.16.590, after installing and shutting down the computer, power on, login, open KIS, check the version, run a manual Database updateshut down the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, open KIS, check patch(b) has been applied, if Yes, recheck Firefox issue. 

• 1 month later...

I was unable to SUBSCRIBE to any Yahoo groups, only when using Firefox, Chrome worked OK. Although I saw my avatar in the upper right hand corner of the screen, so I know I was logged in, checking the SUBSCRIBE button in any group returned the error message that my session had expired. No matter how many times I logged in, this behavior persisted.

The solution was to open Kaspersky, and after un-checking the "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" from Kaspersky Settings-Additional-Network and refreshing the youtube page, the SUBSCRIBE option works as expected.  I found this solution on Bugzilla and wanted to share.

However, Kaspersky needs to fix this behavior so I can reactivate "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages".

Thanks,

The Meebster

Hello @meebzorp

Welcome!

The issue you’re reporting is known, according to Kaspersky it’s been fixed, however, people are still reporting it. 

⚠ "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" is not a recommended solution, it’s requested by Kaspersky for testing purposes only⚠  

1. Which KIS version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  • Create a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the Application malfunctionOther template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

▶ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Just FYI, I’m running 21.1.15.500©. I’ll create a ticket as this was driving me insane for 2 days before I found the solution. Thanks, Larry

Hello @meebzorp, Larry,

As we already advised, *Inject script* is not a recommended solution. The fix is 21.2.16.590(b)

Before you log a request:

• Close all browsers; uninstall 21.1.15.500© → save LICENSE information ONLY, do not check any other options.
  • Download & clean install 21.2.16.590(b), after installing and shutting down the computer, power on, login, open KIS, check the versionrun a manual Database updateshut down the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, open KIS, check patch(bhas been applied, if Yes, recheck unable to SUBSCRIBE to any Yahoo groups/Firefox” issue? 

▶ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋