Your account will be deleted

yow

Hello,

I received email below screenshot and I wonder if this is a legitimate email or not. I have been using the my Kaspersky App Free and got curious why I received an email like this. Thank you.

Hello, I received email below screenshot and I wonder if this is a legitimate email or not. I have been using the my Kaspersky App Free and got curious why I received an email like this. Thank you.

Hello @yow

Welcome!

noreply@account.uis.kaspersky.com is a legitimate Kaspersky email address → it’s a Kaspersky notification-only address that does not accept incoming messages.

1. We understand you’ve been using the Kaspersky app, however, have you signed into (your) MyKaspersky account, from the Kaspersky app
  2. May we know the device OS, the Kaspersky app is installed in please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you for your response @Flood and Flood's wife .

Yes and I am using it on my laptop. Window 10 is the OS if I am not mistaken. I just disabled the automatic updates but manually doing the update. It says “Active” so I would assumed I am login to the Kaspersky app.

Regards

Thank you for your response @Flood and Flood's wife . 

Yes and I am using it on my laptop. Window 10 is the OS if I am not mistaken. I just disabled the automatic updates but manually doing the update. It says “Active” so I would assumed I am login to the Kaspersky app. Regards

Hello @yow

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌

As you’re using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, the only way for that to work is, when the app was installed, to sign into your MyKaspersky account, to activate Kaspersky Security Cloud Free; so, at least we know you’ve signed into your MyKaspersky account &, the email address, which you’ve hidden (which is good), also shows you’ve connected to your MyKaspersky account, at least once. 

Occasionally, the synchronisation, between the app & your MyKaspersky account, may have a glitch. 

Please do the following: 

Select your email address

Select Sign in 

Enter your email address, select the

Enter password & select Sign in

This will force the app to synchronise with your MyKaspersky account & it should refresh the account’s memory that your email address/account is active. 

After completing the steps, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 

Monitor for any further email issues? 

Also, on Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About →  post back the Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version & patch(x) x=letter, please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this mail which I’ll put below, saying that since I hadn’t logged in for a long time my account was going to be deleted.

Is this someone phishing or is this something Kaspersky really sends out? I’ve got a subscription with over 2 years left on it, so what difference does it make whether I log in here regularly or not? Why can’t they Just maintain the account until I’m not paying for it anymore?

The link is legit unless I’m missing something but it seems a stupid thing for Kaspersky to send out. I don’t see the sense. Even if I can create a new account, of course I would want my e-mail linked to my subscription.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear user,

You haven't used your  Kaspersky Account for a long time, hence it will be deleted 9/17/2021.If you want to use your Kaspersky Account and cancel its deletion, follow the link before 9/17/2021.We are also informing you that when Kaspersky Account is deleted, all its information will also be removed. You won't be able to cancel this action:

• All other accounts on Kaspersky resources that you signed in to with the same credentials will also be deleted.
  • Information about your devices, licenses, used products, auto-renewals, order history, and bank cards will be deleted.
  • Your auto-renewals for products purchased in this account will be turned off.
  • Solutions that require connection to MyKaspersky, Endpoint Security Cloud, Security Center Cloud Console, Community Portal, Kaspersky Club, Education Portal, Partner and License Management Portal, Managed Detection and Response, Threat Intelligence Portal, Certification Site, Securelist, Incentive Portal will be unavailable after the account is deleted.
  • A message containing information about your applications and activation codes will be sent to your email address.
  • A PIN code to delete data and configuration profiles from iOS devices will also be sent to your email address.

Note: This is an automated message - please do not reply directly to this email.

• 2 weeks later...

My account was deleted. and I was using the app. I dont understand.

I really can't lose the data that was there or it will will compromise a lot my life!
I haven't been using the app for a long time. I use the app monthly multiple times.

I logged into my account and to my surprise it was deleted! simply deleted. And now ? lost all my data? honestly this will ruin my life.

My deleted account email: victorgou****************

• The title was changed to Your account will be deleted
  • The topic was unlocked