Xiaomi "Ultra Battery saver" disables Safe kids

Dan i Jela

The support replied on Jan.27 last time saying that they will pass the info I supplied to developers and they will contact me back.

I accidentally marked Mikhail's reply as the answer, now I cannot undo it!

The last information on this issue: it is analyzing by our developers in frames of the

Bug 4666826: [Xiaomi] Пользователь может включить Ultra Battery Saving из quick settings

There are no news/results of analysis from them yet.

I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

I have just discovered that Safe Kids on Xiaomi phones is useless. On my daughter's Redmi Note 7 there is "Ultra battery saver" ( UBS from now on ) in shortcut buttons on top. If Safe Kids is activated/running and even if the phone is blocked by time limit,simply activating UBS and then disactivating it, Safe kids is no longer running and the app is useless. You have to restart the app and then reenable accessibility to make the app functional again.I tried every possible way to block this,but unfortunately no success. Off course,my daughter stayed quiet about this and was using the phone with app disabled for a few months until I realised what is happening.

Can others that have Xiaomi phones test this to confirm?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;).

Pozdrav,

Slobodan D.

I join this question. My child does everything the same! What to do?

As well having this problem...

Any update?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;). Pozdrav, Slobodan D.

Hello @Mete0r, @Eugene Savitsky & @Drakus78 

Welcome!

To set your expectations, this issue was formally raised with Kaspersky experts, 3rd September 2019, the last update was 4th September 2019. 

We’ve just sought an update & have been advised there’s nothing since 4th September 2019. 

Sometimes, the wheels turn very, very slowly. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all!

Our developers have informed us ,that the fix will be implemented only for MIUI 12 and later systems.

It is related to accessibility overlay. In previous versions it does not display always, as we expect.

We don not have the information about fix terms for now.

I will keep you informed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well,for me as the original poster the latest version on Play Store is 1.42.0.3977 dated May,18 and it is still not working. I have received a reply from technical assistance stating that the issue is resolved in " patch H" but  on my kids phone it is not!

I have just found out that the app does not update even though the version on Play Store is 1.60.0.8 

So I uninstalled the app, installed the new version from Play Store and from the initial testing it seems to work ?. I will do more testing and report back.

Well, for me as the original poster the latest version on Play Store is 1.42.0.3977 dated May,18 and it is still not working.

I have received a reply from technical assistance stating that the issue is resolved in " patch H" but  on my kids phone it is not!

I have just found out that the app does not update even though the version on Play Store is 1.60.0.8 

So I uninstalled the app, installed the new version from Play Store and from the initial testing it seems to work 👍. I will do more testing and report back.

Hello @Dan i Jela

Thank you for the update.

Why would Technical Support give advice about patch H? Patch H was only for Windows devices; Patch H will have no effect on issues with KSK installed on mobile / android / iOS / MAC devices. 

We’re pleased to hear you’ve updated to KSK 1.60.0.8  & are now testing. 

Please keep us updated with any results? 

Also, please note the advice from @Mikhail Shakhov above:

23rd March 2021

Kaspersky developers have informed us ,that the fix will be implemented only for MIUI 12 and later systems.

9th April 2021

The version with fix: 1.57.0.1 is available already for 50% of customers in Google Play store.

unquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on Huawei phone, so it is not a problem for Xiaomi only. Each time my child has low battery (under 15%), she is able to switch to ultra save mode and after going back to normal mode KSK does not work, it has to be manually activated - which is againts its assumptions. Of course she intentionally lead to low battery and in ultra save mode she can use whatever she wants. The programme, in its current shape, is pontless. Hope you will find a solution, since it is a well rated paid for application! Localisation may also be easily switched off. It shouldn’t be so.

Has anything new appeared since the last posts? Thanks.

Hi, It’s EMUI 10.0, Thanks! 

Hello @IzaSni

Thank you! 

The advice, dated 23rd March 2021, provided by @Mikhail Shakhov above states:

quote:

Kaspersky developers have informed us, the fix will be implemented only for MIUI 12 and later OS systems.

end quote

Has the Huawei been configured as per the documentation: How to configure automatic restart on HUAWEI devices ? 

Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; fill in the Application malfunction, Other template; provide them with the Huawei OS version, the KIS version, a detailed history, all steps your child takes to circumvent the power issue & circumvent KSK GPS & any steps you’ve taken to resolve the problem; Support may request Logs, Traces & other data; they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋