WSL Certificate Problem

I've got a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) and the SSL certificates can't be verified in Ubuntu for any HTTPS connections, e.g. by curl.

This is likely because Kaspersky inspects the packets, then replaces the certificate on them, and effectively acts as a "man in the middle", which is why Ubuntu rejects those packets.

What I gather I need to do is get a CA file from the Kaspersky gateway which signs those certificates and add it to the trusted CA list. Ideally, Kaspersky should do it on its own during installation.

I'm not sure how to do that. I don't know where to get the CA file on Windows, nor how to add it on Linux. I'd appreciate any help.

• 4 weeks later...
В 03.06.2022 в 14:29, Delfosse сказал:

I've got a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) and the SSL certificates can't be verified in Ubuntu for any HTTPS connections, e.g. by curl.

This is likely because Kaspersky inspects the packets, then replaces the certificate on them, and effectively acts as a "man in the middle", which is why Ubuntu rejects those packets.

What I gather I need to do is get a CA file from the Kaspersky gateway which signs those certificates and add it to the trusted CA list. Ideally, Kaspersky should do it on its own during installation.

I'm not sure how to do that. I don't know where to get the CA file on Windows, nor how to add it on Linux. I'd appreciate any help.

curl -fsSL https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo gpg --dearmor -o /etc/apt/keyrings/docker.gpg
curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: Connection reset by peer in connection to download.docker.com:443

The same problem, do not connect the repository without disabling Kaspersky!(