With Kaspersky Cloud Free for windows do I need to use wildcards to block an entire website

ThomasM69
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

“do I need to use wildcards to block an entire website”, Would I need to add wildcards to an added website in the trusted Urls under advanced setting of web anti virus?

Hello @ThomasM69,

Welcome!

• Both specific web pages/website addresses as well as web page/website address masks may be added to the list of trusted web addresses.
  1. Please clarify, is the objective to block or allow (trust) a web address?
  2. Post a full screen image of what you’d like to add  please?

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

Hello @ThomasM69

You’re welcome!

The inquiry does not make sense, in our tests www.ebay.com is not blocked, it’s already trusted:

if you wish to add masks, do so, it won’t make any difference, unless there’s a problem you’ve not shared with us🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

All I know is I have a slow machine and with web anti virus turned on the processor will ,  at times , jump to 50% usage for kaspersky and sit there and my browser will lock up.

I was hoping to add as many websites to the trusted URL to avoid some of this. If youre telling me it’s already there then there not much else I can do other than not use it.

Hello @ThomasM69

You’re welcome!

🅰

1. Does “ slow machine & web anti virus turned on, the processor will ,  at times , jump to 50% usage for kaspersky “, happen irrespective of Supported browser used? 
  2. In all Supported browsers, may we have a full screen image of all installed extensions? 
  3. As a test ONLY, this is not a fix, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages - recheck “ slow machine & web anti virus turned on, the processor will ,  at times , jump to 50% usage for kaspersky “ issue ?

🅱

1. Reset each Support browser to default as follows
    Click on the “Customize and control Google Chrome” button located in the top right hand corner (looks like three dots stacked on top of each other, directly to the right of the URL bar) Click on “Settings” Click on the “Reset browser settings” button at the bottom of the settings page (you may need to click on the “+ Show advanced settings” text located below the “Default browser” section first) Click on the “Reset” button Restart Google Chrome Close Firefox if it is currently open Hold down the left shift key while opening up Firefox If done correctly you will see a window titled “Firefox Safe Mode” that states ”Safe Mode is a special mode of Firefox that can be used to troubleshoot issues. Your add-ons and custom settings will be temporarily disabled. You can also Refresh Firefox if you want to start fresh.” Press the “Refresh Firefox” button Press the new “Refresh Firefox” button that appears to confirm Restart Firefox Open Microsoft Edge.
    Click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top-right.
    Click the Settings option.
    Click on Reset settings.
    Click the Restore settings to their default values option. ...
    Click the Reset button.

2. Post a GSI & Windows logs please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

“ As a test ONLY, this is not a fix, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages - recheck “ slow machine & web anti virus turned on, the processor will ,  at times , jump to 50% usage for kaspersky “ issue ? “

I have the free version. I may have posted in the wrong sub forum.. I cant find that setting

I’ll try the other suggestions..Thank you

Hello @ThomasM69,

Please do the steps above in sequence. 

Re:  Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, open KSC GUI, select Settings⚙ , select Additional, select Network, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, select Continue, recheck issue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Yes. It runs really well. Low processor usage. I saw a bounce to 20% for a second and then mostly  under 5%.  I have the web anti virus set to recommended.

I dont need or really use any of the  components in says it affects. I dont think the free version even has some of them. Can I leave this off?

• Solution

Hello @ThomasM69,

You’re welcome!

1. The free version does not offer Safe Money, Private browsing, Anti-banner, however, it does have URL Advisor, refer: Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison
  2. Kaspersky’s @Igor Kurzin’s advice is: not to run the software with  Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages unchecked, refer @leandrofm’s topic Kaspersky Security Cloud lagging my computer
  3. As you’re using Kaspersky Free software, there is no option to submit data to technical support, however, (ioo), the issue you’ve reported is similar to other known issues, one topic to reference is @KennedyXP ’s CPU Usage unusually high since 2021 update which Kaspersky Support agents have advised @Michael912873, in writing, will be fixed in the next patch, anticipated release: late October, November 2020
  4. Additional, if a check of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Security Cloud, has not been done, please do the check.

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hello @ThomasM69
You’re most welcome!

1. (ioo) do not spend any money until the issues have been resolved. 
  2. Kindly note @Igor Kurzin’s advice “Disabling script injection can be used as a temporary workaround but it isn’t a good solution as a few protection components depend on the script injection”, in @leandrofm’s topic Kaspersky Security Cloud lagging my computer

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hello @ThomasM69,

You’re welcome!

1. Kaspersky’s @Igor Kurzin’s advice is: not to run the software with  Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages unchecked, refer @leandrofm’s topic Kaspersky Security Cloud lagging my computer

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

His post in that thread is to uncheck that setting? correct..Leave it off?

Hello @ThomasM69
You’re most welcome!

1. (ioo) do not spend any money until the issues have been resolved. 
  2. Kindly note @Igor Kurzin’s advice “Disabling script injection can be used as a temporary workaround but it isn’t a good solution as a few protection components depend on the script injection”, in @leandrofm’s topic Kaspersky Security Cloud lagging my computer

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

I suppose I can turn it on when I do. I mostly use paypal.if that is safer. IDK

EDIT. Free version doesnt have safe money. I don’t this I can use any of the items this setting affect.

Hello @ThomasM69

No, not “leave it off”.

As we advised above, @Igor Kurzin’s advice is:

qte

Disabling script injection can be used as a temporary workaround but it isn’t a good solution as a few protection components depend on the script injection: Safe Money, Private browsing, Anti-banner

unqte

He goes on to say, “contact Technical Support etc ”, however, again, as we said above, Kaspersky Security Cloud free has no access to Kaspersky Technical Support, and, Kaspersky have acknowledged a “known” issue, to be fixed in the next patch.

• As you’ve correctly assessed, Safe Money, Private browsing, Anti-banner are not available with Kaspersky Security Cloud free, but URL Advisor is a component of Kaspersky Security Cloud free.

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳