win7 pc loses internet connection after a while since kas. plus installed

Kaspersky plus 21.6.7.351 installed itself as an upgrade to security cloud. I suppose it could be malware and it's just a co-incidence. I cannot use kas. support as the submit button is greyed out no matter what I do. This is the text I'm trying to enter:

I am using Kaspersky plus with pc running win7. Since the upgrade to plus I find that my pc loses connection to my modem (wired) after a certain time (varies), but seems not to if I disable VPN*. Also I find that the virtual keyboard has a lot of lag/latency which makes it useless - also the mouse pointer needs to be off-centre on the buttons in order to highlight them.

* Loses connection regardless of vpn status.
 Network symbol shows internet access.

Grateful for any ideas, Thanks.

8 hours ago, picturevalve said:

win7, Kaspersky plus, v21.6.7.351, since the auto upgrade from cloud to plus:

1. cannot use kas. support, submit button is greyed out
  2. pc loses connection to  wired modem, after a certain time (varies), but seems not to if I disable VPN* / * Loses connection regardless of vpn status 
     Network symbol shows internet access.
  3. virtual keyboard has a lot of lag/latency which makes it useless.
  4. mouse pointer needs to be off-centre on the buttons in order to highlight them.

Hello @picturevalve

Welcome back!

We were going to suggest uninstalling, using: How to uninstall the application in Windows 7, save Subscription details ONLY - do not save anything else & doing a clean install, however, first please check there's a installer available in (your) region, IF not, do not proceed with a uninstall/clean install, go direct to Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; Support may need logs, traces & other data, they will guide you; include any screen images of the grey submit button, video of the keyboard lag, stats of the disconnects & a clear, detailed history. 

• If you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

It's been too hot to do anything in my computer room lately, but now it's cool I un-installed the vpn and the problem seems to have gone away. I'll wait awhile to check that is the case and try re-installing the vpn to see if the problem returns. I'll then mark the problem as solved.

On a separate note it seems that the virtual keyboard problem- very laggy,( lots of latency you seem to say these days) is possibly down to my old processor not keeping up?

8 hours ago, picturevalve said:
  1. It's been too hot to do anything in my computer room lately, but now it's cool I un-installed the vpn and the problem seems to have gone away. I'll wait awhile to check that is the case and try re-installing the vpn to see if the problem returns. I'll then mark the problem as solved.
  2.  it seems that the virtual keyboard problem- very laggy, (lots of latency you seem to say these days) is possibly down to my old processor not keeping up?

Hello @picturevalve

Thank you for posting back!

1. No problem. 
  2. Maybe, however, it's impossible to say definitively, there could be many contributing factors, we tested both the "virtual keyboard lag/latency mouse pointer needs to be off-centre" issues on our W7 dev & could not replicate; our recommendation would be to log a request with Kaspersky Support, as per our first reply.
  3. You may wish to record the "virtual keyboard lag/latency mouse pointer needs to be off-centre" issues with a screen recorder, so the support team can see what you see.... 
  • If you do log the issue with Support, please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 3 weeks later...

I Open the Network and Sharing Center, and then display the status of either my Wireless Network Connection or my Local Area Connection.  From there I click on Details of the connection.  I notice that the Lease Expires is always set approximately 2 hours after it has been obtained, and that's the approximate time that the connection will be lost again. 

If this date/time issue is contributing to my internet connectivity problem, I can't figure out why the problem doesn't occur when I put my laptop on another home network serviced by another ISP.  That's why I really don't think the two are related, but I thought it was worthwhile to mention it.

Regards,
J Wick