WIll Security Cloud Catch / Stop Keyloggers *if* Secure Keyboard Input is disabled and the On-Screen Keyboard isn’t used?

Running Security Cloud on Windows 10 and wondering if it will identify / stop keyloggers *if* Secure Keyboard Input is disabled and the On-Screen Keyboard isn’t used?

Have noticed a conflict with Bitwarden whereas the keyboard intermittently stops working...but don’t want to disable Secure Keyboard Input if that means my pc will be susceptible to keyloggers.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Kaspersky’s detection of keyloggers is independent of using the on-screen keyboard. The on-screen keyboard can help protect you if an undetected keylogger is already on your system.

So the detection of keyloggers will be unaffected if not using the browser extension.

Kaspersky’s detection of keyloggers is independent of using the on-screen keyboard. The on-screen keyboard can help protect you if an undetected keylogger is already on your system.

So the detection of keyloggers will be unaffected if not using the browser extension.

Thanks for the reply!  When you say “browser extension”, are you referring to the on-screen keyboard?  

I trust Kaspersky to detect keyloggers so I think anyone using it should be good.

Correct. The browser extension adds features (Protected Browser, On-screen keyboard, etc.), but has no function in malware or phishing site detection. 

If you’re using Security Cloud Free, the extension purely adds an on-screen keyboard, nothing else.

• 1 month later...

I have faced an issue which may be related and which is really impairing my hardware keyboard.

This is the thing and it is related to the “Secure Keyboard input” and NOT to the “Onscreen Keyboard”

When I used the alibaba.com website the “Secure Keyboard input” kicked in when i tried to enter a search. When I shifted to Microsoft Office 2019 applications I noticed that my hardware keyboard froze except for the “enter” and “backspace” keys.

I chatted with “Support” and after several attempts, they deduced that the issue was related to the website and not Kaspersky. The best solution offered was to exclude this website from the “Secure Keyboard Input” protection. Which we tested. The result is that after this, only when I revert to the alibaba.com website and type a search without the “Secure Keyboard Input” protection will  my hardware keyboard unfreeze. So I kept the exclusion awaiting a better solution.

Then something worst happened. Any time I type on any website triggering the “Secure Keyboard Input” my hardware keyboard freezes and only when I reopen the alibaba.com webpage and type a search on it does my hardware keyboard unfreeze on this page and subsequently on the Microsoft Office 2019 applications.

You can imagine what this does.

I have serious doubts that this website does not tolerate “Secure Keyboard Input” and may have injected some form of keylogger which is affecting “Secure Keyboard Input” altogether.

Any Thoughts?