Why Was My Post Deleted? Open NAT Has Become Moderate NAT Since Upgrading From Security Cloud Free To Internet Security

Go to solution Solved by Parallax,

I was previously using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free without any problems. Since upgrading to Kaspersky Internet Security, online games have gone from open NAT to moderate NAT, which is not ideal. How can I get open NAT back without completely uninstalling Internet Security? I’m happy to disable modules if that will help. I’m using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with latest updates.

I was previously using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free without any problems. Since upgrading to Kaspersky Internet Security, online games have gone from open NAT to moderate NAT, which is not ideal. How can I get open NAT back without completely uninstalling Internet Security? I’m happy to disable modules if that will help. I’m using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with latest updates.

Welcome!

1. Please provide the information outlined by @Danila T. in Read before you create a new topic!?
  2. In KIS Reports, are there any errors/events that reflect the open/moderate NAT issue? 
  3. In KIS Application control, what is the status of the games with the changed NAT status? 
  4. Has the router been checked? 
  5. Post an image of the changed NAT status please → we need to see what you see? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

Thanks for the suggestion - my local networks were already set that way. Here’s what I did to fix the moderate NAT problem:

Disabled the following modules: Web Anti-Virus, Mail Anti-Virus, Network Attack Blocker, Anti-Banner, Anti-Spam, Private Browsing, Safe Money.

In Network Settings, unticked all options and selected “Do not scan encrypted connections”. Under “Monitor selected network ports only”, changed all network ports to “Inactive”.

These settings have restored an open NAT to my games. That’s obviously quite a lot of protection disabled, but there’s still more than the free version offers and I really would prefer greater security not to be at the expense of the functionality of my stuff.

I really would prefer greater security not to be at the expense of the functionality of my stuff.

Hello @Parallax

Log a request with  Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template. Provide a detailed history, including all steps you’ve taken & screen print(s), Support may request logs, traces & other data, they’ll guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋