Why does Kaspersky Internet Security for Android not send notifications in the Android status bar?

1. Why does Kaspersky Internet Security for Android scheduling (database update and scan) sometimes fail to run at the scheduled time?

2. Why don't we also receive notifications of the database update and device verification in the Android status bar?

Taking the opportunity I leave a suggestion: make the application update it's database automatically, as in the desktop versions. ???

Hello @leotavano,

Welcome again!

1. Is KIS licensed? 
  2. What is the Android name, operating system version & build?
  3. Which Phone Notification settings have been configured for KIS?
  4. Re “Why don't we also receive notifications of the database update and device verification in the Android status bar?” do you mean Push notifications? 
  5. Re “device verification”, can you clarify this please as we’re unsure which KIS feature is being referred to? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

1. Yes

2. 10

3. Default (I've also checked this settings and there's no way to set push notifications)

4. Yep

5. Scheduled scanning

On this issue, to be clear, the push notification appears, but it does not remain so that I can see it later, any alternative to keep push notifications from the app that disappear automatically?

And on my first question, do you know why this sometimes happens?

Hello @leotavano,

Thank you for replying, the information and the clarification👌

• Re “ the push notification appears, but it does not remain”, (imo), this is a function of the phone, not KIS, however, I may be wrong🤔
  • An observation, A10 is not supported, according to KIS documentation - KIS Hardware and software requirements, this may be accurate or it may be a documentation over-site🤔
  • With “scheduled” scanning, KIS Premium has fully automated scanning, is this not happening on your device? 
  • Same for Database updates, there’s so many factors that may contribute to an app not functioning as expected, the best course of action is to: check available ROM & RAM, remove any bloatware, uninstall KIS according to documented procedures, followed by a full power off, login in, download & install a fresh exe, according to documented procedures, if issues persist, raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; the Support Team will request an AIDA64 report, a full history, images and a video if it helps define the issues, also, they may ask for you to install a KIS Debug version,
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know their advice when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you @FLOOD for the response.

Sadly that I can't have “persistent” push notifications for Kaspersky Internet Security for Android...

Yes, the scheduled options are happening but sometimes it delays too much for it (sometimes a schedule supposed to happen at 16:00 happens at 16:30~)...

More things you have to check:

• Do an uninstall and install KIS again
  • Restart your phone
  • Double check notification settings app by app
  • Check your phone whether it’s on silent mode
  • Check notification settings of KIS app

Hello @leotavano,

1. Yes, KIS does show Database out of date warnings. 
  2. If KIS detects a Scan has not run for a long time, the KIS application will be yellow rather than green, with recommendation to run a Scan; if there’s a major problem the application will be red with relevant recommendations, additionally the information will be in the Push notifications window.
  • Re “when to scan”: check RTP mode - image 1 & Scan schedule settings - image 2

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

I'm doing the test to see, I disabled the database update and the system scanning.

I am waiting to see these push notifications. If they do happen, I can understand why the application does not show “persistent” notifications after the database has been updated or the system scan has been performed.

Hello @leotavano,

You’re welcome!

Please post images & a video of the process & the results. 

And, if the app is not working as you expect and you’ve done a clean install, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, ask them  if A10 is supported, if they say “yes”, ask them to assist you determine the root cause of the issues.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Ok. If something is wrong (do not automatically perform scheduling of database update and device scan), the notification below should appear (only when the app thinks it is necessary to perform such actions).

Now I understand why the app does not send push notifications after running the schedules. Either way, I think would be great to have control over those notifications. 😉

Hello @leotavano

Thank you for the update👌

For any enhancements & or if issues persist, please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support; the Support Team will request an AIDA64 report, a full history, images and a video if it helps define the issues, also, they may ask for you to install a KIS Debug version,

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know their advice when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...