Why are my options different from KIS instructions for dissable/renewal of protection?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

This Page
https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS4Mac/16.0/en.lproj/pgs/58285.htm
"Disable and resume computer protection"
contains two methods to disable and resume KIS. Neither of the menus is available in my copy of KIS.

1 Disable/resume computer protection from the application icon
  In the menu bar, click the application icon.
  In the menu that appears, choose Turn Protection Off/Turn Protection On.

2 Disable/resume computer protection from the application preferences window
    In the menu bar, click the application icon.
    In the menu that appears, choose Preferences.

The application preferences window opens.
    On the Protection tab, in the General section, deselect/select the Enable protection checkbox.

Q1 Why are these options not available in my copy of KIS? 

Q2 How can I completely disable all protection and resume all protection?

Hello @stanhilliard

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!

2.  💥Which KIS version is installed?

3. The link you’ve shared, last review date is: KIS, Disable and resume computer protection, Article ID: 58285, Last review: Apr 24th, 2018
  4. Disable & resume protection, last review date is: Dec 29th, 2021

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• Solution

Hello @stanhilliard

You’re most welcome!

Thanks for posting back.

🛑 The url in (your) original post), is for KIS installed in/on MAC devices, is it any wonder we thought you had a MAC😅 !!

1. On the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Pause Protection, in the popup window → either select a specific time period between 1 minute & 5 hours, or Pause until application restart or Pause (until you decide to manually resume the protection) → select Yes to the confirmation popup: 

2. To “un-pause’, do so, from the KIS GUI → open KIS, it will show a red alert notification, select the notification & answer the prompts. 

3. Don’t know how you came to be reading KSI/MAC doco for KIS installed on your Windows computer, especially doco that’s so old, but a little tip that may help (you) access the most up-to-date doco available for the installed app → in any window of the KIS GUI, top righthand side, there’s a tiny question-mark, selecting ❔ will open the specific doco for the window of  the app (you’re) on:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋