whenever I open a Protected Browser (in my case Chrome) copy/paste stops working on all the other open applications, be it Microsoft Office [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

Hello. I purchased K.I.S. and I noticed that when Additional/Additional option: “Use hardware virtualization if available” is enabled, whenever I open a Protected Browser (in my case Chrome) copy/paste stops working on all the other open applications, be it Microsoft Office (how come is not trusted by default?), OneNote, Edge, Notepad, etc. I have to close the Protected Browser to restore normal copy/paste functionality to the entire system!

I can’t understand why isn’t copy/paste blocked only from/to Protected Browser, and instead stops working for the entire system creating a lot of hassle.

Can you please resolve this situation? I would really appreciate being able to protect my on-line banking and still be able to use my system normally while doing so, copy/pasting IBAN numbers etc around. I hope the dev team of Kaspersky can look at this. Thanks!

Best regards,

Carlos Silva

Windows 10 1909 x64/Comet Lake Core i7-10710U CPU

Hi, thanks for replying. I cleaned all temp files, went on Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions and didn’t find “Detection types > Settings > enable Other.” but here is that screen on Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 fully up to date as far as I know:

No Detection Types / Settings / Other.

The Kaspersky version that’s running is this:

I rebooted and performed the same steps of creating a Protected Browser window in Chrome, and watched as Copy/Paste stopped working in Edge, OneNote, Notepad, etc

Another issue that I found is that the Kaspersky banner on the bottom right of the green framed Protected Browser doesn’t fade out as it should, it stays on that window until it is closed manually, which is cumbersome to be doing that manually all the time.

Please let the Product Manager of Kaspersky Internet Security know about these. Thanks.

My system report is here: https://www.getsysteminfo.com/report/d0590b5a2014e8857ab48b364f2711e5

I ran the tool and uploaded the zip it created on my desktop without tampering it.

While the tool was running even Edge crashed when I was trying to copy paste within it.

This behaviour of Kaspersky preventing copy/paste systemwide seems by design, so it’s very important to take this feedback to the Product Manager or Developer team so they know it’s making customer lives difficult, and it’s not working well because preventing Copy/paste on the Protected Browser window seems acceptable, but turning Copy/Paste functionality off in the entire computer while the Protected Browser window is open is borderline unacceptable. Thanks.

When you runing gsi tool it is better all browsers closed.

Try uninstall kaspersky (only keep license info checbox) and then restart PC, clear temp files and After restart PC install kaspersky update and do restart again. Check the problem. 

Here is GSI tool output with no apps or programs open at all:

https://www.getsysteminfo.com/report/3e18041dffa47c46e79594f8da37b13a

I don’t see why I should uninstall Kaspersky, I just installed it yesterday for the first time, in a clean computer environment, it’s up to date and I’m afraid I will lose my configurations and license should I uninstall. Kaspersky Internet Security is expected to work out of the box, and this issue of copy/paste not working in any program when a Protected Browser window is open should raise attention inside the developer’s team. Can you help me doing that? Thanks.

I sent a support request via MyKaspersky with number INC000011410776 thanks.

If there is only one Windows clipboard it should be managed carefully, not disabled altogether! I’m sure the great minds at Kaspersky could find a way to make it work.

Because right now I can only workaround this issue by doing two things: avoiding use of Protected Browser windows, or turning off hardware virtualization, but none of these options are anywhere near ideal as they imply a severe loss of protection.

@Schulte can’t you reproduce this problem? Do you still get a working clipboard on other apps with a Protected Browser window open and hardware virtualization turned on and working properly, with no warnings under this setting?

@Schulte can’t you reproduce this problem? Do you still get a working clipboard on other apps with a Protected Browser window open and hardware virtualization turned on and working properly, with no warnings under this setting?

Hi @carlosvsilva,
I wasn't trying to recreate the problem.
I'm writing here with my beloved Lenovo T61 with Win7. I'm not using the secure browser on this machine, and I'm not even trying it. It probably wouldn't work with hardware virtualization ...

• Solution

So for the Last time PROTECTED Browser PROTECTS you against keyloggers etc untrusted program runed on the background or any other dangerous program installed in PC which catching your Keys on keyboard. Also PROTECTS again screen captures (screenshot) screen lockers etc. It is most important to have kaspersky system watcher enabled in kaspersky settings.