When I type something in Kaspersky Password Manager, my keyboard stops working

Hello,

So a few days back I noticed that whenever I open the password manager and go to its search bar and type something, my keyboard will stop functioning. This lasts for a while and then it starts working again. It always works on other apps and windows without any problem and used to work perfectly with password manager as well but a few days back this issue began. My keyboard drivers are updated and as I said, it works perfectly fine (outside the password manager). In fact, I am using it without any issue right now.

My password manager is up to date so I have no idea what the issue is.

I hope someone can help.

Take care

• 1 month later...

The same happens in my computer. I couldn’t find a pattern for this. It seems to happen ramdomly. Last time that happened, I was accessing the aliexpress.com website. The keyboard worked only on the fields “Username” and “password”. After this, my keyboard (just the letters and numbers) stopped working everywhere (microsoft office, windows explorer, etc.). The function keys like ctrl + c, control + v, volume and brightness were working normally. My computer is a Samsung X45, I mostly use Firefox (it is up to date) but it happens with all browsers I use (chrome and opera), my windows is 10 (up to date). I had to restart the computer.

Here are some details: LAPTOP-7R7S0NJ5, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz   2.11 GHz,  8,00 GB, 64-bits, Windows 10 Home Single Language, 21H1

• 1 month later...

@Anton Mefodys, sorry for answering after a month.

Q: Does it help to restart browser?

A: No. The problem seems to affect the whole system. Even if I close the browsers and the Kaspersky password manager, I still can’t type in other softwares like Microsoft Word. The solution I found on the internet is to have the google page on my bookmarks. Then I open it and I can type in the search box (It works in there). It solves temporarily the problem.

Q: Does it help to temporary disable Secure Keyboard Input option in product (Settings - Additional )?

A: No. It doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@marcioribas hello!

Does it help to restart main Kaspersky product (like KTS, KSC)?

The issue looks related to a bug  fixed in the next version of the product (4907926).

Is this still not fixed yet? Randomly happens IN THE MIDDLE of when im playing games? If this hasn’t been hotfixed im gonna move. Funny part is it could be 15-20 different things and i have no idea what is the problem because once it happens it doesn’t matter what i do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Has this been resolved. 
I have the same issue when accessing a secure site (for banking). After leaving the banking I have to reboot the system to get the keyboard working again.
I have disabled the Secure Keyboard for now.