when I try to update to new version, I’m told to uninstall AVG. Reboot, repeat.

Elsa88
Go to solution Solved by petsy,

Hi, please help.

when I try to update to new version, I’m told to uninstall AVG. 

I uninstalled AVG as requested, it then says reboot. 

After I reboot it says remove AVG again, then says it’s been uninstalled

then asks me to reboot again. 

I’m going round in circles, stuck on this same problem. 

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Schulte thank you for your message, I used the link and removed AVG, but the problem is still the same. 

I had an AVG banner appear when I tried to do the update. I also don’t recall ever installing AVG, could it be a virus? or malware.

Please excuse my  limited knowledge of the right wording.

Hi Igor Kurzin.

The product I am using is Internet Security, in the window where it says recommendations, I’m seeing “A new version of the application is available” 

I don’t know how to find out what the version is.

Thank you

• Solution

I suspect you unintentionally installed AVG as an add-on whilst installing another program. Maybe Ccleaner? 

Have you checked in Programs and Features to see if AVG is listed as, if it is, manually uninstall it then try installing Kaspersky again

I suspect you unintentionally installed AVG as an add-on whilst installing another program. Maybe Ccleaner? 

Have you checked in Programs and Features to see if AVG is listed as, if it is, manually uninstall it then try installing Kaspersky again

Thank you I did install CCleance, that explains that part, but I did go into Programs and Features and manually uninstalled AVG, but still having same problem 

Hi @Elsa88 , 

Do I correctly understand the scenario: 

• Kaspersky Internet Security recommended to update some app (CCleaner?)
  • You clicked “Update” 
  • During the installation there was a pop-up (from Kaspersky or another app?) suggesting to remove AVG

What is the current status in Kaspersky: More tools → Manage Applications → Software Updater? 

Can you post a few screenshots?

• 3 weeks later...