when creating schedule backup it asked me to enter password for account but actually my windows account is without password

Hello  @Mohamed Guinidy,

Welcome!

If the Backup is “scheduled” a password is necessary, bc, KTS backup software needs “permission” from file system to access files, therefore, you must allocate a password to the Windows User account.

If the Backup is “on demand”, no password is required. 

Thank you. 

KTS Library

@Mohamed Guinidy https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2020/en-US/93346.htm

An account is required to get access to files during backup. To create backup tasks, an account with a password is required.

When working with backup tasks, please note the following:

• If you create a scheduled backup task, you need to specify the data of your account on this computer.
  • If you create an on-demand backup task, you do not need to specify the data of your account on this computer.
  • If you change an on-demand task to a scheduled task, you need to specify the data of your account on this computer.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, BryanBox said:

When creating a scheduled backup I am asked for a username and password, what is the account that Kaspersky Total Security is wanting to verify?

Hello @BryanBox

Welcome!

• For Scheduled backup, the Windows username & password that you use when signing onto the computer: Reference: Step 5. Creating a backup scheduleIn the User account section, specify the user name and password of your account on this computer. The data of your account is required to access files during backup. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife