What is Kaspersky in Wepage Source?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

A webpage contains the following Kaspersky stuff:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com/FD126C42-EBFA-4E12-B309-BB3FDD723AC1/main.js?attr=_tl6WLJ20X850SbvFfhwNpMQs3HWdjkcfOyFWbEx2vAYGMjAF_ySRCg9orcvhpFT3KIr4kmtizFjICt_oacHRTgIj3_PUVeSfFGKAJEqNUyXcEnHHJseXXhYCFq5ucB5cBYs6VeFbOI2WXjr76lD5g" charset="UTF-8"></script></head>

I disabled Kaspersky web protection. 

Why is this in the webpage?

• Solution
2 hours ago, Johnaw said:

A webpage contains the following Kaspersky stuff:  https://me.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com/ etc

1. Why is this in the webpage?
  2. I disabled Kaspersky web protection. 

Hello @Johnaw

Welcome!

1. In Kaspersky Network Settings, Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages: If the check box is selected, the Kaspersky application injects a web page interaction script into web traffic. This script ensures the operation of such components as Safe Money, Private Browsing, Anti-Banner, and URL Advisor.
  2. Why? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

On 5/31/2023 at 6:55 PM, Flood and Flood&#x27;s wife said:
  • Why? 

Because my browser is extremely slow, and i'm trying to troubleshoot the cause. 

I will re-enable security after i resolve performance bottleneck. 

Thx for info on Network settings!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Johnaw said:
  1. Because my browser is extremely slow, and I'm trying to troubleshoot the cause. 
  2. I will re-enable security after i resolve performance bottleneck. 

Hello @Johnaw

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. Does the issue repeat in *every* supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge? 
  2. Which OS version & build, refer: Find OS version & build? & do all Windows patches have a *successfully applied* status? 
  3. Which Kaspersky version & patch(x) = letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About
  4. Is the "browser is extremely slow" issue *always* happen or is it *new*? 
  5. IF the "browser is extremely slow" issue is specific to one browser, check all browser extensions? 
  6. IF the "browser is extremely slow" issue is specific to one browser - reset browser to default, recheck? 
  7. Exit all browsers -> Restore Kaspersky to Default settings, shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, recheck "browser is extremely slow" issue? 
  8. IF "browser is extremely slow" issue persists, clean install Kaspersky software: saving License data *only*, at the completion of the clean install, make sure the computer is fully rebooted. 
  9. IF "browser is extremely slow" issue persists, log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 6/3/2023 at 6:47 AM, Johnaw said:
  1. Because my browser is extremely slow.

Hello @Johnaw

1. Is the "browser is extremely slow" issue still ongoing? 
  • IF 'yes', please check IF it persists IF the browser is run as Incognito/InPrivate
  • IF 'no', please perform a hard refresh of the browser -> press Ctrl+F5 -> if that doesn’t work, try Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 1 month later...

Hi, Thanks for your detailed suggestions.

i haven't had a chance to perform all the tests. 

I'm using Opera now. I installed it after installing Kaspersky. 

I'm not seeing Kaspersky in the html source of pages. 

But browsing is still slow. 

Edited by Johnaw