Weird Kaspesrky Folder on EFI Partition

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan95,

So i really dont know if it is good idea deleting some partitions on disk :) some should be important... I have backup of my windows and efi and recovery. So i am able recover it without installation windows.

I would try reinstall windows - in windows installation setup i would delete all partitions just only disk will be there (clean install windows) then install kaspersky and check system volume info... Should be under C.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, nexon said:

So i really dont know if it is good idea deleting some partitions on disk 🙂 some should be important... I have backup of my windows and efi and recovery. So i am able recover it without installation windows.

I would try reinstall windows - in windows installation setup i would delete all partitions just only disk will be there (clean install windows) then install kaspersky and check system volume info... Should be under C.

The 16mb MSR partition is useless, the recovery partition it maybe needed but in every major windows update it will recreated again.

Don't do a clean installation. I have the answer. I did in a virtual machine a clean installation (with all partitions deleted) of windows 11 and installed the Kaspersky Free. No kaspersky4win folder in the EFI partition.

Edited by Jonathan95

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, nexon said:

And are you tried scan and restart virtual machine system?? 

Fortunately I did a full scan and I restart the VM and no kaspersky4win folder in the EFI partition. I didn't check the system volume information under folder the C.

Edited by Jonathan95

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nexon said:

It should be created under C system volume info... 

I know but unfortunately I deleted the virtual machine. I have one main virtual machine and every time I want to do some tests I copy the virtual machine's folder, so I don't ruined it and after the test I delete it.

If you didn't tried a virtual machine you should. It's very handy If you want to do tests or if you want to try a new program to test it or anything else. I use the vmware workstation player. It's free. You can install what ever OS you want.

PS: it's not an ad !! I've been used it for over a decade 

Edited by Jonathan95

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, nexon said:

I am using virtual machine many years so I know how it works 🙂

Ok !!!! That's good !!!! Since I started using it i can't live without it !!!! hahaha

If you want me to test it again with a clean installation I will do, but not now, maybe tomorrow.

Edited by Jonathan95

each K version you had ever installed on your windows, it will leave such a folder

it is ok to delete them because I tried to do so

but be careful, if you accidentally crippled these hidden Partition, your OS will not boot up