Weird Inputs in the Kaspersky Password Manager program

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have been using Kaspersky Password Manager for about a year without many issues.

However, recently, there is a very strange bug on my program. When I use the number bar above the QWERTY characters on the keyboard, it types some characters instead of the numbers. If I use Shift, it types the capitalized version of said characters, instead of these characters ! @ # $ %. This issue also happen at the start screen when the program asks me to input my master password also, making it very inconvenient (since I have special characters in my password) and insecure for me to unlock my passwords. This only happen in my Kaspersky Password Manager and no other programs. I can type numbers normally with the numpad.

Here’s a photo of what it types when I try to type in 1 2 3 4 with the number bar.

Hello @Edward T. D.,

Welcome!

ăâêô = Latin/Unicode/Ascii🤔

1. What operating system? version? build?
  2. KPM version? 
  3. & do you have AV software installed/enabled?

Please let me know?

Thank you.

Thanks for replying. Here’s what you want to know

1. I’m running Microsoft Windows 10, version 1803, build 17134.1069
  2. I’m running the latest KPM, version 9.0.2.1263
  3. I’m not too sure what you mean by AV software, but I assume it’s Antivirus Software. I’m using Kaspersky Total Security, version 19.0.0.1088 (i)

• Solution

Hello @Edward T. D.,

Thank you for replying and the information🙏 .

Re: “AV”, I try not to assume everyone has Kaspersky AV software😉  

• Kaspersky Total Security is up to version 20.0.14.1085(E), are you using 19.0.0.1088 (i) by choice? 
  • KTS: are regular scans: Full, Quick, Vulnerability Scans run?
  • KTS: is Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers ☑ ‘d?
  • I appreciate the (unicode/ascii/latin) character issue only happens with KPM, however, to fix this please follow these steps:

A

1. Create a (Windows) System Restore Point.
  2. KPM: Passwords: Export to text file.
  3. KPM: Backup Copy: Create a backup.
  4. Exit KPM application completely - do not restart atm.
  5. Windows, Control Panel, select Region & Languages, select Keyboards & Languages, select Change Keyboards, select Advance Key Settings, highlight Between Input Languages, select Change Key Sequence, Switch Input Language select Not Assigned, Switch Keyboard Layout select Not Assigned, select OK, select Apply, select OK.

B

1. C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp:  delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt &  there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt. 
  2. C:\Windows\Temp: delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt &  there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt. 
  3. Shutdown computer using FULL Shutdown, not Restart.
  4. Restart PC.
  5. Start KTS, do not log into KPM atm.
  6. KTS, run manual Database Update - allow it to complete.
  7. KTS, run manual Full Scan - allow it to complete - do not use computer while Full Scan runs.
  8. Start and sign into KPM, recheck issue? 

Please let me know the result?

Thank you. 

Hello @Edward T. D.,

Thank you for replying and the information🙏 .

Re: “AV”, I try not to assume everyone has Kaspersky AV software😉  

• Kaspersky Total Security is up to version 20.0.14.1085(E), are you using 19.0.0.1088 (i) by choice? 
  • KTS: are regular scans: Full, Quick, Vulnerability Scans run?
  • KTS: is Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers ☑ ‘d?
  • I appreciate the (unicode/ascii/latin) character issue only happens with KPM, however, to fix this please follow these steps:

A

1. Create a (Windows) System Restore Point.
  2. KPM: Passwords: Export to text file.
  3. KPM: Backup Copy: Create a backup.
  4. Exit KPM application completely - do not restart atm.
  5. Windows, Control Panel, select Region & Languages, select Keyboards & Languages, select Change Keyboards, select Advance Key Settings, highlight Between Input Languages, select Change Key Sequence, Switch Input Language select Not Assigned, Switch Keyboard Layout select Not Assigned, select OK, select Apply, select OK.

B

1. C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp:  delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt &  there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt. 
  2. C:\Windows\Temp: delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt &  there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt. 
  3. Shutdown computer using FULL Shutdown, not Restart.
  4. Restart PC.
  5. Start KTS, do not log into KPM atm.
  6. KTS, run manual Database Update - allow it to complete.
  7. KTS, run manual Full Scan - allow it to complete - do not use computer while Full Scan runs.
  8. Start and sign into KPM, recheck issue? 

Please let me know the result?

Thank you. 

Hi,

For some reasons, the KPM issue seems to have resolve itself without me fixing anything for now. I have not followed your instructions, but now I can type in my password normally.

However, I will still answer the questions you had for me.

1. I have Total Security updating itself automatically. I didn’t know that it’s running an old version. Is there way to check for a update manually?
  2. The Scans can run as normal. I have run them and the results came back without any problems.
  3. That option is checked.

Hello @Edward T. D.

Thank you for posting back🙏 .
I’m very happy to hear the issue is resolved👏 .

• Regarding version updating, how often is your computer fully shutdown & how are the following configured:

1. Disable scheduled tasks while running on battery power?
  2. Use Gaming mode?
  3. Postpone computer scan tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load?

Performance section

B

1. New application versions

Update settings window

I personally prefer to uninstall old software, save only License information, reboot, download and install new software, reboot, restart device, login, start KTS application, run manual database update, run manual full scan & ensure the application is synced with the MyKaspersky online account, however, this (uninstalling) is not mandatory. 

It is most important to prepare the system and check all software and hardware compatabilty requirements before installing new software. 

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security 20

How to remove a Kaspersky Lab application

Kaspersky Total Security 20 System Requirements

Kaspersky Total Security 20 release notes

How to install Kaspersky Total Security 20 & installer

If you need any help, please post back?

Thank you