Webcam Protection for Individual Websites [moved]

new11

Just some feedback and or an idea. 
Within the “webcam privacy protection”  feature, while using google chrome (or any other browser), It would be great to have the ability to block webcam access to individual/certain websites rather then blocking access for the entire google chrome application. 
As it is now, I have blocked access for chrome and every time I use a website that I need access to the webcam, I always have to either, temporarily disable the feature or just completely pause protection (depending on how lazy I feel).
Stay Safe everyone!  

Hello @new11,

Welcome back!

• For all product enhancements, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support,  select Feedback, I have a Suggestion template, in the Suggestion details field, add all the information that will explain what product or feature enhancement you’d like developed; they will assess the request, measure against many benchmarks, sometimes, enhancements are implemented, however, the process can be very slow. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they advise, when the information is available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello Flood, 

Thanks for the welcome. 

Just received a response: INC000011835777

We have just gotten a resolution from our escalation team. As a workaround for this issue you can use the option to configure sites' camera & microphone permissions in browser: 1. Open Chrome. 2. At the top right, click More. Settings. 3. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings. 4. Click Camera or Microphone. Turn on or off Ask before accessing. Review your blocked and allowed sites.

This is good suggestion, however, I find a number of websites are able to ignore and bypass this setting. In any case, best protection would be to physically cover the webcam. 👌