VPN with OpenVPN

Hi

I recently managed to setup Kaspersky VPN with the OpenVPN client in Linux.
I went to MyKaspersky/Secure Connection and generated a username/password and .ovpn file from there and I am using the .ovpn file and username/password with my OpenVPN client in Linux.

But this allows me to use a specific country VPN from Kaspersky. If I try to generate an extra .ovpn file for another country, MyKaspersky tells me that my previous username/password will be de-activated.
But I would like to generate multiple username/password and .ovpn files for various countries and use them interchangeably from my client by choosing the desired .ovpn file.
Why is this not possible?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, monx663.

Since no one guarantees that you will use configuration data interchangeably, and not simultaneously on two different hosts, Kaspersky allows you to configure no more than one oVPN cred configuration at a time.

There are also ideas related to allowing you to receive several oVPN credits, which would be taken into account in licensed slots.

If you are interested in this option, then write about it. Thank you

• Like 1

But I am already using it on my phone. The phone allows me to choose which country VPN to use every time. It would be good if I could do the same with my laptop. i.e. Choose which country to use any time I log on to oVPN

Thank you

6 hours ago, monx663 said:
  1. But I am already using it on my phone.
  2. The phone allows me to choose which country VPN to use every time.
  • It would be good if I could do the same with my laptop. i.e. Choose which country to use any time I log on to oVPN

Hello @monx663 

Welcome back!

1. For (our) understanding, are (you) currently using the Kaspersky OpenVPN solution on the mobile phone? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

15 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @monx663 

Welcome back!

1. For (our) understanding, are (you) currently using the Kaspersky OpenVPN solution on the mobile phone? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

No, on the phone I am using the Kaspersky app that includes the VPN functionality. And at the same time I am using oVPN on my laptop with the Kaspersky oVPN credentials.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:32 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @monx663 

Welcome back!

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

So, what I am saying I would only be using the VPN on two devices. My phone and my laptop. Why not be able to choose a any country dynamically with multiple oVPN config files on the laptop?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, monx663 said:

So, what I am saying I would only be using the VPN on two devices. My phone and my laptop. Why not be able to choose a any country dynamically with multiple oVPN config files on the laptop?

Hello @monx663

Thank you for posting back!

It's clear what you'd like to do, however, as @Denlad(Kaspersky) advised above, the option is not currently available. 

Where he says: "If you are interested in this option, then write about it."; he's letting you know to raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint request, with  Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts. 

Clearly you are interested; hopefully Kaspersky have recorded your interest. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1