VPN dont connect

Zachv
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

loaded the premium version on windows 10 laptop ,windows is up to date and Kaspersky vpn. i need to connect to a server in South Africa and is currently in UAE, when i select South africa server ,get message cannot connect ot the south african server ,tried other servers ,and get the same message

I have encountered the same problem.  My other devices open the VPN quite satisfactorily, but my laptop has stopped doing so. Can somebody PLEASE suggest a fix?  I have contacted Kaspersky Support, but they either don’t understand the problem or simply don’t bother to get back to me.

My other devices open the VPN quite satisfactorily, but my laptop has stopped doing so.

Can somebody PLEASE suggest a fix? 

I have contacted Kaspersky Support, but they either don’t understand the problem or simply don’t bother to get back to me.

Hello @Doc1946

Welcome!

• This “I have contacted Kaspersky Support, but they either don’t understand the problem or simply don’t bother to get back to me”, does not make sense🤔, how did you contact them, what did you tell them, what did they say, did they give you an incident / ticket reference number?  

💥 Is your Kaspersky VPN Premium, not Free/Trial/Beta? 

IF the issue is happening on one laptop only, do the following: 

1. Check the laptop meets Hardware and software requirements, something may have changed? 
  2. Check all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status? 
  3. Make sure you have the KVPN Activation code written down. 
  4. Uninstall the VPN, during the uninstall, there’s a prompt to Save operational settings of the application - do not select any check boxes → allow the uninstall to complete. 
  5. Shutdown/power OFF the laptop. 
  6. Power ON, the laptop. 
  7. Download a new KVPN installer. 
  8. Install KVPN, follow the documentation. 
  9. Recheck the original issue? 
  • IF the issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky support, select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; support may request logs, traces, & other data, they will guide you.

💥 If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.

Please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for that. I’ll work my way through your suggestions.  I should have mentioned that I’m a reasonably savvy PC user, who’s used this VPN (Premium version) for many years, so I’ve tried all the obvious fixes in your list, but I’m stumped by this latest problem.  As for the lack of response from the lab, I was in a phone chat with Support, which ended with the techie’s saying he’d refer the problem to one of their experts and get back to me. I’m still waiting, and Support has now logged my query as “Resolved”.  Not impressed.

I’ll let you know if anything solves the problem. 

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...