Video streaming is constantly interrupted when antivirus is active.

Recently I've been having constant problems watching videos online. On some sites, like Netflix and Prime Video, I don't have any problems, but on others, like CTV, it's impossible to watch any video. Even YouTube crashes from time to time.

On any site that I access (apart from those mentioned), I start watching any video, and after a few minutes of playback a message appears saying that the video cannot be played. Error code 241001 usually appears.
The problem happens in all my browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex).

I found a post from 2019 here on the forum from a person with the same problem, saying that it solved the problem by turning off Anti-Banner and Private Browsing. I've tried disabling both, but nothing has changed. The only thing that stops this problem from happening is disabling the entire antivirus.
In my last test I turned off the antivirus for an hour and started watching a movie. About six minutes after the antivirus came back the movie crashed.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem?

My Kaspersky version is 21.6.7.351. My operating system is Windows 10 Core x64, version 21H1, build 19043.2130.

2 hours ago, Júlio Pradera said:

Kaspersky version 21.6.7.351. Windows 10 Core x64, 21H1, build 19043.2130.

• CTV, it's impossible to watch any video. Even YouTube crashes from time to time. 
  • Error code 241001 usually appears.
  • The problem happens in all my browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex).
  • The only thing that stops this problem from happening is disabling the entire antivirus.
  • In my last test I turned off the antivirus for an hour and started watching a movie. About six minutes after the antivirus came back the movie crashed.

Hello @Júlio Pradera

Welcome!

1. Opera, Vivaldi are not supported. 
  2. Is a VPN being used? 
  3. Post a full screen screen-print of the Error code 241001 please, including the URL & the system date & time please? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium, Personal or Free? 
  5. When YouTube crashes, is the Error code 241001 shown? 
  6. When YouTube crashes are you using a Premier service? 
  7. When the Error code 241001 happens with CTV are you signed into the site? 
  8. May we know which region your location is please? 
  9. Please link the 2019 post that you've found, we cannot find another post mentioning Error code 241001?

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

4 hours ago, Júlio Pradera said:

CTV, it's impossible to watch any video. Even YouTube crashes from time to time.  I start watching any video, and after a few minutes of playback a message appears saying that the video cannot be played. Error code 241001 usually appears. The only thing that stops this problem from happening is disabling the entire antivirus.
In my last test I turned off the antivirus for an hour and started watching a movie. About six minutes after the antivirus came back the movie crashed.

Additional @Júlio Pradera

1. In Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports, are there any errors or events, that match the problems you're reporting? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

12 hours ago, Júlio Pradera said:

Recently I've been having constant problems watching videos online. On some sites, like Netflix and Prime Video, I don't have any problems, but on others, like CTV, it's impossible to watch any video. Even YouTube crashes from time to time.

On any site that I access (apart from those mentioned), I start watching any video, and after a few minutes of playback a message appears saying that the video cannot be played. Error code 241001 usually appears.
The problem happens in all my browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex).

I found a post from 2019 here on the forum from a person with the same problem, saying that it solved the problem by turning off Anti-Banner and Private Browsing. I've tried disabling both, but nothing has changed. The only thing that stops this problem from happening is disabling the entire antivirus.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this problem?

My Kaspersky version is 21.6.7.351. My operating system is Windows 10 Core x64, version 21H1, build 19043.2130.

Noticed this odd behavior myself although I was not sure about the cause. MS EDGE Version 107.0.1418.

Video playback embedded in browser web pages stop, start, restart, behave abnormally. Do not think it is related to video drivers,etc in my case although you may want to update all system drivers.

16 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Júlio Pradera

Welcome!

1. Opera, Vivaldi are not supported. 
  2. Is a VPN being used? 
  3. Post a full screen screen-print of the Error code 241001 please, including the URL & the system date & time please? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium, Personal or Free? 
  5. When YouTube crashes, is the Error code 241001 shown? 
  6. When YouTube crashes are you using a Premier service? 
  7. When the Error code 241001 happens with CTV are you signed into the site? 
  8. May we know which region your location is please? 
  9. Please link the 2019 post that you've found, we cannot find another post mentioning Error code 241001?

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Good afternoon @Flood and Flood's wife.

1. Are you sure? Because it works just fine (except for that problem, of course).
  2. I've tried with and without VPN, but there was no change.
  3. Sure. I just went to the CTV website (using Chrome), clicked on the first show that came up and waited. The problem occurred around 13 minutes (I only wish I had picked a show I enjoy watching lol).
  4. I'm using Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal.
  5. No, with YouTube it's weirder. The service acts as if I have no internet connection. However, if I copy the video link and open it in another browser, or even in an incognito tab, the second page works, while the first still doesn't work, even if I refresh it. But even if the problem appears differently, it doesn't happen if I have Kaspersky disabled.
  6. Nope.
  7. Specifically with CTV, no. But on some of the other websites I'm logged in.
  8. I'm in Vancouver, Canada.
  9. I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help with this one. I just cleaned up my computer, and my browser history has been deleted.

13 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Additional @Júlio Pradera

1. In Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports, are there any errors or events, that match the problems you're reporting? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

1. There doesn't seem to have been anything reported at the same time.

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2022-11-05 152433.jpg

Edited by Júlio Pradera
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Júlio Pradera said:
  1. Are you sure? Because it works just fine (except for that problem, of course).

Hello @Júlio Pradera

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. 1000% sure, read:  Kaspersky Security Cloud, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support
    Spoiler

Browser support

The following browsers support installing the Kaspersky Protection extension:

·        Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 77.x – 88.x;

·        Mozilla Firefox versions 52.x – 84.x;

·        Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x, 60.x, 68.x, 78.x;

·        Google Chrome versions 48.x – 88.x.

The following browsers support On-Screen Keyboard and scanning of encrypted connections:

·        Google Chrome 48.x – 88.x.

The following browsers support Protected Browser mode:

·        Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0;

·        Yandex Browser 18.3.1 – 20.12.0 (with limitations).

Newer versions of browsers can be supported if the browser supports the corresponding technology.

Kaspersky Security Cloud supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in 32-bit and in 64-bit operating systems.

2. Read: What browsers support CTV.ca?
    Spoiler

PC browsers: Firefox 88+, Chrome 68+, Edge 14+, Safari 10+

3. Add https://www.ctv.ca - in the permitted browser(s) in Sites that can always use cookies. 
  4. 241001 is sometimes associated with Digital Rights Management (DRM is used to protect content from unauthorised access, and in order to meet obligations to third parties who own rights), check with CTV & YouTube? 
  5. Log a case with Kaspersky support, fill in either Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template, in the Description of the issue section, give a detailed history; include all screen print(s); support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

39 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Júlio Pradera

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. 1000% sure, read:  Kaspersky Security Cloud, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support
      Reveal hidden contents

Browser support

The following browsers support installing the Kaspersky Protection extension:

·        Google Chrome versions 48.x – 88.x.

The following browsers support On-Screen Keyboard and scanning of encrypted connections:

The following browsers support Protected Browser mode:

·        Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0;

·        Yandex Browser 18.3.1 – 20.12.0 (with limitations).

Newer versions of browsers can be supported if the browser supports the corresponding technology.

Kaspersky Security Cloud supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in 32-bit and in 64-bit operating systems.

2. Read: What browsers support CTV.ca?
      Hide contents

PC browsers: Firefox 88+, Chrome 68+, Edge 14+, Safari 10+

3. Add https://www.ctv.ca - in the permitted browser(s) in Sites that can always use cookies. 
  4. 241001 is sometimes associated with Digital Rights Management (DRM is used to protect content from unauthorised access, and in order to meet obligations to third parties who own rights), check with CTV & YouTube? 
  5. Log a case with Kaspersky support, fill in either Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template, in the Description of the issue section, give a detailed history; include all screen print(s); support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Good afternoon @Flood and Flood's wife.

2. All my browsers are up to date. Also, if the problem was the browser, turning off the antivirus wouldn't solve it.
    3. I already tried to do that and it didn't work. I tried before I found that the problem is the antivirus and not the browser.
    4. You already know what I'm going to say, right? lol
    5. Okay. I'll contact support and see what happens.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Júlio Pradera said:

2. All my browsers are up to date. Also, if the problem was the browser, turning off the antivirus wouldn't solve it.
    3. I already tried to do that and it didn't work. I tried before I found that the problem is the antivirus and not the browser.
    4. You already know what I'm going to say, right? lol
    5. Okay. I'll contact support and see what happens.

Hello @Júlio Pradera

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional information. 

• Re 2. No one said anything about browsers being up to date, altho - all browser obviously should be - that goes without saying; however, IF what you've told us in your initial problem report is correct, according to CTV & Kaspersky, some of the browsers you're using are not supported, for those, it's not unreasonable that errors may occur; you asked us if we were sure the said browsers were unsupported - we provided the source. 
  • Re. 4. No, we actually don't; you may be surprised how helpful the technical teams can be; if 241001 is due to DRM, it's unlikely that Kaspersky will be able to assist - you could find that out. 
  • When you log the issue with Kaspersky, please tell them everything you've *already tried*; it may help them enormously.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

2 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Júlio Pradera

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional information. 

• Re 2. No one said anything about browsers being up to date, altho - all browser obviously should be - that goes without saying; however, IF what you've told us in your initial problem report is correct, according to CTV & Kaspersky, some of the browsers you're using are not supported, for those, it's not unreasonable that errors may occur; you asked us if we were sure the said browsers were unsupported - we provided the source. 
  • Re. 4. No, we actually don't; you may be surprised how helpful the technical teams can be; if 241001 is due to DRM, it's unlikely that Kaspersky will be able to assist - you could find that out. 
  • When you log the issue with Kaspersky, please tell them everything you've *already tried*; it may help them enormously.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Good night @Flood and Flood's wife.

I'm sorry, but I think I didn't express myself correctly.

As for Opera and Vivaldi, I already believed in you the first time. That's why I skipped topic 1 in my last post. I was just surprised that these browsers aren't supported, as Kaspersky seems to be working normally. For example, I'm attaching a screenshot of Protected Browser working in Opera.
But I understand that maybe Kaspersky developers don't guarantee that everything will always work 100% in these browsers, which is why they say these browsers aren't supported. I'm just surprised to learn that it works so well in browsers where it shouldn't. That's all.

However, even though these two browsers aren't supported, I also did the test in four other browsers that are supported. So this is kind of irrelevant, because the problem is happening in all browsers. The print I sent you previously, for example, was in Chrome. This is what was on my mind when I replied to the second topic. I was no longer thinking about Opera or Vivaldi.
You sent me a list of the browsers supported by CTV, and their respective versions. I had already said that I also tested it in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, so I just added the information that they are all up to date.

By the way... CTV was just an example. This issue occurs on absolutely every video streaming website I've visited, with the exception of Disney+, Netflix, and Prime Video.

And last, but not least, my joke when answering topic four, is that, as I said in topics two and three, the problem disappears when I turn off the antivirus. The problem isn't the browser chosen, the version installed, the website accessed, the existence of DRM, or whatever. The problem is that while Kaspersky is activated, online video playback is hampered.
Maybe the problem is caused by some Kaspersky update failure, or maybe it's a conflict with something else I have installed on my computer. But for sure the problem is related to Kaspersky, or it wouldn't go away when the antivirus is turned off.

I hope that now I have expressed myself better, and properly explained my answers.
I've already contacted support, and I'm waiting for a response. Having an answer, I'll come back here to update.

Thanks.

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Júlio Pradera said:
  • But I understand that maybe Kaspersky developers don't guarantee that everything will always work 100% in these browsers, which is why they say these browsers aren't supported. I'm just surprised to learn that it works so well in browsers where it shouldn't.
  • the problem is happening in all browsers. The print I sent you previously, for example, was in Chrome.
  • CTV was just an example. This issue occurs on absolutely every video streaming website I've visited, with the exception of Disney+, Netflix, and Prime Video.
  • (4) The problem is that while Kaspersky is activated, online video playback is hampered.
  • I've already contacted support, and I'm waiting for a response. Having an answer, I'll come back here to update.

Hello @Júlio Pradera

No apology necessary! Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Re "As for Opera and Vivaldi, that maybe Kaspersky developers don't guarantee that everything will always work 100% in these browsers"; no Kaspersky guarantee nothing about these browsers at all - zip, zero, zilch. IF a browser is not listed in the Supported browsers documentation, Kaspersky makes no statements about that unlisted browser.
  2. Re "Issue occurs in absolutely every video streaming website, excluding NF, PV D+", make sure you tell Support the whole list & the URLs. 
  3. Re: "Maybe the problem is caused by some Kaspersky update failure?"; when did the issue start; has the issue always existed; which patch(x) is KSC 21.6.7.351 updated to - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About? Is Windows updated to the latest patch, with all Patches showing a Successfully applied status? 
  4. We understand you think it's caused by Kaspersky software; we don't know, it's not the sort of issue that can be diagnosed in the Community; IF there is a conflict with the Kaspersky software, hopefully Support can help you find it; thank you for being proactive & submitting the issue to support & please do keep the Community posted, we are interested. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?