Very bad experiance with Kaspersky Password Manager

Saleh

Today morning I purchased Kaspersky Password Manager. I have installed it on my new laptop and saved the backup database of my passwords from the my older version Kaspersky password manager on my old laptop. I downloaded and installed KPM on my new laptop and attempted to import my password data base which was created in KPM older version but with no success. Each time I try to import the database it will say that it can't import from Kaspersky password manager older version!!!! I created a ticket with Kaspersky and spoke with a customer service rep. She told me that I have to enter my database entries one by one to the new version!!!!!What she is talking about I have like 150 entries with all the details that will take me weeks of manual work. The worst thing about the customer rep is that she even refuse to escalate or refer me to a manager who may have the knowledge to help. She was with the attitude of getting red of me because she offered to cancel my subscription many times during conversation.

For the past years I used and trusted Kaspersky internet products but this was the first time I cam back to them for support and found non. Still I can't beleive who their customer service dealt with me may be because I built a high expectation from them over years and years of buying their products. If they are not able to support a customer with a simple issue like importing a database created even in one of their earlier versions then what the support would you expect in bigger technical problem with their products.

I'm very disappointed and feeling bad and I will never buy or recommend their products again and will write any time I have the opportunity about their after sale bad customer support.

Personally, I would like to think it is just someone having a bad day, we all do at times. With all that Kaspersky is probably going through in this world, I would hope the next rep would be all the more accommodating.

Besides, I really like KPM and its desktop app. I've used others before, but keep coming back to this one. It's a shame that they made the import so hard from the previous version kpm_vault.edb into the newer text file version? 

Edited by jonny quest

44 minutes ago, jonny quest said:

It's a shame that they made the import so hard from the previous version kpm_vault.edb into the newer text file version? 

26 minutes ago, jonny quest said:

Unless the text file is just for viewing and printing? Does someone know if the export format changed?

Hello @jonny quest

Welcome back!

Nothing has changed, two very different things, the exported/download unencrypted text file is not used to import/restore the KPM vault:

Backup/create KPM vault

Import data from a backup copy of your vault or a vault created from a previous version of Kaspersky Password Manager

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saleh said:

Today morning I purchased Kaspersky Password Manager. I have installed it on my new laptop and saved the backup database of my passwords from the my older version Kaspersky password manager on my old laptop. I downloaded and installed KPM on my new laptop and attempted to import my password data base which was created in KPM older version but with no success. Each time I try to import the database it will say that it can't import from Kaspersky password manager older version!

Hello @Saleh,

Welcome!

It sounds as tho you've had a very unhappy experience?

Please share with us:

1. Operating system version & build
  2. Post an image of the original KPM backup file extension?
  3. The error that shows when the KPM vault import fails? 
  • & did the operator give an problem reference number? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1