Use 2FA in Kaspersky Password Manager

MauroBR

I would like to know if there is any prospect of implementing 2FA in PASSWORD MANEGER. It is worrying that this company that works safely does not implement this function to the program. We know that several other competitors already make use of this necessary resource, thus guaranteeing their customers greater reliability in the program and brand of the supplier company.

I would also like to see 2FA, especially replacing the password with a PIN prompt instead.  What good is a password manager if you have to remember a password to get into it.  I lock my password in my OneDrive Personal Vault but it would be nice to have PIN access as well.

I would like to know if there is any prospect of implementing 2FA in PASSWORD MANEGER. 

Hello @MauroBR

Welcome back!

1. Kaspersky’s 2FA is for the MyKaspersky account. 
  2. Signing into the KPM local vault (with the Master password), does not sign into the MyKaspersky account. 
  3. IF 2FA has been configured, when the MyKaspersky account is signed into from KPM application, 2FA works. 

2FA does not work when signing out of KPM, Kaspersky experts do no see this as a security exposure or risk, despite the fact an unauthorized person could sign out of KPM & uninstall the software.

We’ve had some rigorous discussions with them about this, they’ve taken the information as “a suggestion” with no guarantees of implementation. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

I would also like to see 2FA, especially replacing the password with a PIN prompt instead.  

Hello @Anthony Hill

Welcome!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

All we can do is make the suggestions. I used the fingerprint function on Android and love it.  On my Windows 10 laptop, use PIN and Facial Recognition, also love it.  Would be great if we could get PIN access to the Password Database as well on Windows.  

Thank you for replying. 

Hello @Anthony Hill

You’re most welcome🙂 !

Thank you for posting back👌 !

We agree, having alternative authentication options, for local KPM would be wonderful. 

• For product development, some of Kaspersky’s evaluations are based on numbers, the more a feature is requested, sometimes the higher the possibility of implementation.
  • Please raise a request, use FeedbackI have a Suggestion template via Kaspersky Technical Support

•  After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful

When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 3 months later...

OK, before I submit a support ticket to Kaspersky, I’ll post my situation here.

I’ve activated 2FA on my.kaspersky.com profile.. Screenshot :

In KPM, I’m signed into my Kaspersky profile, & I do get sync betw PC & Phone.  Just to confirm, I signed OUT of a/c on KPM (which locked KPM).  Signed back in w normal PW.  However no 2FA asked for.

From what I understand, if I have 2FA enabled on Kaspersky profile, & I’m logged into Kasp profile/account on KPM, then I should have 2FA activated on PC.   That is not the case for me.  

More screenshots --

My KPM is unfortunately in GERMAN as I live in Austria, even though I’m English.  If I live in a German speaking country, I have no choice in app language unfortunately (or so I understand).

Benutzerkonto = my Kaspersky account/profile.  Abmelden = Sign Out (so I’m signed in).

Shows version of KPM.  Aktuelle means “latest”.  I’m up to date….

Any suggestions?   

PS:  Would like to add that I signed out of KPM on Android (app warned me that signing out would erase entire local database).  I was asked to sign into Kaspersky profile again.  Then I received an SMS 2FA (given no option for 2FA app code), sms code entered, then Master Password requested.  Then resync from cloud.

So it seems 2FA worked on Android, but not on Win10.  Interesting.

Although 2FA on Droid apparently only works on “initial” sign into online profile.  App stays signed in & no 2FA needed while signed in.  

On Droid, I usually use finger print to sign in (so not worried about 2FA w finger print).

Would prefer 2FA if Master Password used to sign in, like I do on Win10 KPM.

Update:  After I sign out from Kasp profile, I get a screen asking me to choose the existing Kasp profile to reuse.  I thought I’d try skipping this step.  However then the program went into free mode.   I chose to “Enter activation code”, and was taken back to choose my existing profile again.

So, like prev times, I chose my existing profile, & this auto logged me back into my Kasp profile, only leaving the Master PW to be entered.  So I have YET to be able to lose the Kasp Login & force a 2FA use!…..

Hello @rhubear

Welcome back!

Unlike Android, sadly, on a Windows device, it’s not possible to “force” 2FA as the primary login & or to replace the Master password, nor is fingerprint authentication available, to access the KPM vault.

The issue was formally logged with Kaspersky → September 2019, they have not been receptive to our requests, we do however, encourage everyone to also log a request, use the template & guidance we provided above; the more people that formally log requests, the greater the possibility for a different outcome. 

When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋