URL advisor is enabled in my KIS 2020 but there is no extension called url advisor in my firefox.

display10
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Dear FLOOD,

Recently Kaspersky is updated from patch d to patch e so I have the last version.

The “secure keybord input” works in firefox so I suppose the kaspersky protection addon works.Or is this not a prove?

My mozilla firefox has version 70.0.1

I have attached the about:addons page.

Hello @display10,

Thank you for replying and the image👏

Yes, you have the Kaspersky Protection addon installed👌

“secure keybord input” working is good✅, however,  a heads up, according to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, Sent: Tuesday, 15 October 2019 15:44

the “secure keybord input” feature requires script injection by Kaspersky, we have received news that Mozilla will be applying a restriction in Firefox, resulting in the loss of the virtual keyboard icon.”

The Lab have not provided an ETA for this change. 

(A) Referring to your image, please select the 3 horizontal dots, that will show you the Kaspersky Protection addon version and will show if Kaspersky Protection addon has “permission” to run in Private browser?

(B) Also, please select/open the small (Kaspersky) green shield, in the top of the FireFox browser - highlighted red, please post an image for me?

(C) Please show an image of KIS AntiBanner settings?

(D) Please show an image of KIS Web AntiVirus settings?

(E) May I have an image please, of a “search for Kaspersky Community”, refer my image:

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Hi FLOOD,

I’ attached the image when I open the K icon in the upper right corner of the FF browser but this icon is greyed out.

When i select the 3 dots at about:addons I see the vesion of KP addon 30.0.3.762?27d

But Kaspersky has no permission to run in private browsing.

Hello @display10,

Thank you for replying and the image.

• Kaspersky Protection addon version should be: 30.0.3762.27d-20190319165301
  • What shows when you select the 3 horizontal dots?

•  does the extended detail show: 

• May I have an image of Anti Banner settings please:

• & may I have an image of Advanced settings of Web Anti-Virus:

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Hi FLOOD,

Firefox will have the same problem as chrome has now already namely “no script injection allowed” like you describe.

I have indeed the version of KP like you specify, you can check it in the image I attach.

I’ve attached the image of the anti banner settings.

And I’ve also attached the image of the web antivirus settings

• Solution

Hello  @display10,

Excellent, thank you🙏

Please configure:

• (1) Url Advisor - refer image
  •  (2) Web Anti-Virus: Check the URL against the database of URLs containing legitimate applications that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data. 
  • (3) Open a Firefox browser, using search engine of your choice, search for Kaspersky Community, please take an image of the results screen, (without selecting a link to open the Kaspersky Community site) please? 

Please post back?

Thank you

Hello @display10,

Thank you so much🙏

🤸

So, going back to the very beginning:

(a) “URL advisor is enabled in my KIS 2020 but there is no extension called url advisor in my firefox”

(b) “I have selected “check all url’s”, but I don’t see a green icon beside the links on the pages”,

1  Are both (a) & (b) now resolved? 

2  When Kaspersky Protection addon is now opened (see my image) what is now shown? Please post image? 

3  Firefox - do you use a Master Password? 

4  (in) Firefox, enter  about:preferences#privacy    - please post a full image of Browser Privacy settings please?

5  KIS, Network Settings, scroll to the bottom of the window, may I have an image of Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird please?

Please post back?

Thank you

Hello  @display10,

I’m very happy it’s resolved🤸

Thank you for confirming🙏 .

KIS URL Advisor is managed via KIS application, Private Browsing addon & Anti-Banner addon, are facilated by enabling the extension/addon (in browsers) & can be managed both in the browser(s) and the application.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

Hi dear FLOOD, I recently created a topic about this issue, but now decided to post here. 

I have KIS 2020 last version:

But the Kaspersky extention I downloaded from Chrome store, is not the new version. 

Where to download the last version which as you said is:

“: 30.0.3762.27d-20190319165301”

Thank you.