URL Adviser / URL Advisor not working (green icons missing in searchg results)

intelvir

The URL adviser icon is not showing anymore in search results, in any browser or any search engine. This problem started with Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (h).

When I looked at the URL settings I tried changing from “search only in search results” to “search all URLs”. It worked for a few minutes after that, but then stopped working again.

I think it was working ok in 21.3.10.391 (g), so I am wondering whether something’s gone wrong with the recent software update to (h).

Anyone else finding that the URL advisor is no longer working on their system? Anyone at Kaspersky know of this issue and what they are doing about it?

Using latest vesrion of Windows 10 and all browsers up to date.

The URL adviser icon is not showing anymore in search results, in any browser or any search engine. This problem started with Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (h).

When I looked at the URL settings I tried changing from “search only in search results” to “search all URLs”. It worked for a few minutes after that, but then stopped working again.

I think it was working ok in 21.3.10.391 (g), so I am wondering whether something’s gone wrong with the recent software update to (h).

Anyone else finding that the URL advisor is no longer working on their system? Anyone at Kaspersky know of this issue and what they are doing about it?

Using latest vesrion of Windows 10 and all browsers up to date.

Very strange mine got gray antivirus icon in the taskbar as the image shows.

O ícone da barra de tarefas é cinza, mostrando que meu produto não carregou | Comunidade Kaspersky

• 1 year later...

Kaspersky suggestions re changing settings didn't work for me, as I already had those settings. 

After various setting changes, I did manage to fix the problem by doing this:

1 Open the desktop Kaspersky then open settings on lower LHS; 2 Find Web Anti Virus section and scroll down and open Advanced Settings, then scroll down to URL advisor; 3 move down and place a tick by "Check URLS"; 4 move down and click on "all websites except those specified";  move down to "Checked URLS" and click on All URLS. 

This restored the green or grey icons to search result lists, as I wanted, and extended them to some websites I use which is ok with me.  The green icons are smaller than the lost search list ones.  Having safe searches back is a big relief 🙂

I'm surprised that a computer simpleton like me found a solution that worked after Kaspersky's suggestions didn't.