Upgrade,downgrade questions

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Currently I am using a Kaspersky Total Security 2022(v21) trial.In my country's region, they still sell KIS 2022 instead of Kaspersky's new products  Kaspersky Standard/Plus/Premium.

I have some questions:

1-If I buy a Kaspersky Internet Security license now, will I be able to use/upgrade free to Kaspersky Plus when it will become available in my country/region?

2-If I buy a KIS license, when Kaspersky Standard/Plus/Premium become available in my country if I don't want to upgrade free to Kaspersky Plus, will I be forced to upgrade free to use Kaspersky Plus or can I continue using KIS if I want?

3-If I wait and buy a Kaspersky Plus license when it becomes available in my country/region, if I don't like it, can I downgrade to Kaspersky Internet Security with the same license/activation code and  use KIS instead of Kaspersky Plus?(currently I don't have any Kaspersky license other than a trial license)

• Solution
1 hour ago, Michael-Knight said:

1-If I buy a Kaspersky Internet Security license now, will I be able to use/upgrade free to Kaspersky Plus when it will become available in my country/region?

2-If I buy a KIS license, when Kaspersky Standard/Plus/Premium become available in my country if I don't want to upgrade free to Kaspersky Plus, will I be forced to upgrade free to use Kaspersky Plus or can I continue using KIS if I want?

3-If I wait and buy a Kaspersky Plus license when it becomes available in my country/region, if I don't like it, can I downgrade to Kaspersky Internet Security with the same license/activation code and use KIS instead of Kaspersky Plus? (Currently I don't have any Kaspersky license other than a trial license). 

Hello @Michael-Knight

Welcome back!

1. No. Kaspersky Internet Security's directly compatible software in the new range is Kaspersky Standard, not Kaspersky Plus, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - Danila T. . You will be able to upgrade KIS to STD as long as the KIS license is valid. 
  2. No, Kaspersky Customer's may stay with v21.3 software range if they wish to. 
  3. No, if you decide to purchase software from the new range, then decide you don't like it, you will need to contact Kaspersky Support, to cancel the product/transaction & seek a refund - as long as it is within Kaspersky's Refund Policy - which is within 30-days from time of purchase/renewal. It would be better to TRIAL the new software range, before purchasing, so you could make an informed decision

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

2. 2- No, Kaspersky Customer's may stay with v21.3 software range if they wish to. 

Thanks for your answer.☺️

I will buy a license from Kaspersky website, there will be no cd to install KIS 21.3.I think there is no offline installer for Kaspersky 21.3 on Kaspersky website, when I installed the trial version, it downloaded the installation app then the app  downloaded the required files from Kaspersky server and then installed the software.

What I want to be sure is, if I buy a KIS v21.3 license, then somehow need to uninstall it, then if I want to reinstall KIS, will I be able to do it even when the new version of Kaspersky(Kaspersky Standard) becomes available in my country/region, using the KIS online installer app without having to upgrade to Kaspersky Standard?   

Edited by Michael-Knight

1 hour ago, Michael-Knight said:

What I want to be sure is, if I buy a KIS v21.3 license, then somehow need to uninstall it, then if I want to reinstall KIS, will I be able to do it even when the new version of Kaspersky (Kaspersky Standard) becomes available in my country/region, using the KIS online installer app without having to upgrade to Kaspersky Standard?   

Hello @Michael-Knight

You're most welcome!

Before we replied to your topic, we reached out to support & confirmed all the information we provided in our first reply, however, if you wish to log a request and seek the information from them; just to be sure, please do so, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Order and payment issues, Other template -> because you're using the Trial software atm, technically there's no support, however, the agents are able to use their discretion, to answer a question, if it's related to assisting customers make purchasing decisions. 

In our opinion, at some future date, Kaspersky will not have KAV, KIS & KSC and BASIC, STD, PLUS & PREMIUM, that doesn't make sense (to us), so, who knows when it will be, but, they have not developed a new range, to continue the old range - forever

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife