Update broke Windows

Hello VERYMADCUSTOMER, Welcome.
  1. Can you tell me please what preceded restarting your PC?
And, please advise:
  1. Operating system name? version? build?
  2. KIS version? patch(x)? x= letter
  3. Are there any logs, event data please, so we can analyse to see how we may help?
  4. Are there any screen images of the issues you've encountered please?
--- Please let us know? Thank you. The Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all who give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee". For the most part, & from my observations, the willing helpers engage in providing technical analysis to address technical issues.

Good Morning, After KIS thought last night "Let's restart!", above stuff happened -Chrome doesn't boot up -Grapics drivers where gone -Start Menu did not get up an any way -CMD instantly quit (So no Recovery possible) -Random Stuff like my Games where deleted Restart claimed to be for Update reasons After reinstalling my drivers and OS Name / Version / Build Windows 10 x64 (Ver.1903 Build 18362.295) KIS Version 19.0.0.1088(g) Screenshot (The only possible is the Chrome stuff and my game which randomly gets deleted (but I am sure there is no Trojan in it since I play it since 2011 (It was a minutes ago, again). Start Menu works in the Maantime, Screenshot attached) Please tell me where I can get those logs for you (please answer fast before my System32 folder gets deleted, where to give my IBAN or Credit Card Information for refund?)

After KIS thought last night "Let's restart!", above stuff happened -Chrome doesn't boot up -Grapics drivers where gone -Start Menu did not get up an any way -CMD instantly quit (So no Recovery possible) -Random Stuff like my Games where deleted Restart claimed to be for Update reasons After reinstalling my drivers. OS Name / Version / Build Windows 10 x64 (Ver.1903 Build 18362.295), KIS Version 19.0.0.1088(g)
Hello VERYMADCUSTOMER, Thanks for replying & the info, I appreciate that very much. Refund - https://support.kaspersky.com/common/buy/14828 Was the update a Windows update? or drivers, so, I'm just not sure?
  1. Logs/Reports - KIS application, main Window
  1. Select More tools,
  2. > Tools
  3. Select Reports
  4. Select Detailed Reports
  5. Find the events that match the issue, select the "Category" those events are in (not ALL Events), select 24hrs (preferably, or 7 days) select EXPORT, file exports as .txt, save file, name it CRASH.txt (or anything you like, within reason:wink:) upload using the "upload icon, in your reply.
Re: the gmod detection, Kaspersky signatures are updated continuously, as well, software developers often make changes; applications, files, objects, that have been used "for years" can be re-categorized" for many reasons, and sometimes, detections can be false positive. Steam apps/detections are not uncommon. The very best way to determine if the detection is valid or not is to submit it for analysis. We'll provide some steps if you could share the reports with us please? Thank you.:pray_tone3:

Hi, The Update was from Kaspersky. No Windows Update, no Drivers Update. I am afraid, it is not possible to access the Logs at the Moment because I don't have Kaspersky active, yes, I completely shut it down for now since it starts to delete more and more stuff after the Update. I am not sure what has been updated. But as far I see the Issue does not occur on my Laptop. My weekly Backup Routine starts at 12 PM Today but I'll be Back on Monday again. Is there a Way to "ignore" the Gamefiles? Meanwhile I found out it is because I installed a BETA from the game which finally added 64 Bits support

But as far I see the Issue does not occur on my Laptop. Meanwhile I found out it is because I installed a BETA from the game which finally added 64 Bits support - Is there a Way to "ignore" the Gamefiles?
VERYMADCUSTOMER, Is the same "beta" installed on the Laptop? KIS exclusions documentation: https://support.kaspersky.com/14866 https://www.kaspersky.com.au/blog/kaspersky-add-exclusion/14765/ Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hello,

Yes it had been solved by reinstalling windows.

Since still my whole Operatingsystem was “eaten” by Kaspersky again I recently decided to uninstall it.

Hello @VERYMADCUSTOMER 

You had installed version 2019 so what about try version 2020?

Please tell me your PC specifications : CPU, RAM, SSD or HDD? 

Thank you