Unable to use secure keyboard except for sites in Safe Money

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

If I have the occasion to open the Secure Keyboard on sites other than those listed in Safe Money, it will open but will not operate and yet in my settings for Secure Keyboard in KIS I have ticked all internet media as well as banks etc 

I may be wrong but I feel that in the past I was able to use the Secure Keyboard whenever I wished to on sites that were not on Safe Money

So, am I right or in fact is it only Safe Money sites where the Secure Keyboard will operate?. If so then that’s the answer and I accept that that ends the matter. However if it should work then what might be the problem? 

I have KIS 20.0.14.1085(m) running on Windows 7 Home Premium and the latest version of Google Chrome if that helps  

Thanks 

Hello @mikethebike,

Welcome back!

• We tested with v21 (not 20), Secure Keyboard is working in all browsers.
  1. Try resetting KIS, use the procedure we’ve provided previously, if that does not work, either uninstall KIS & do a clean install or log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will need a GSI & windows Logs & they will request Traces captured as the issue is replicated, they will step you thru the correct collection process. 
  2. Also, may we ask why you’re still using V20 please? 

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

Thanks for your reply I’ll respond in the order in which you set out your response.

Where do I find the procedure to reset KIS? Thanks. 

I am still using v20 because that is what I still have. I had thought that my settings on the Automatic Update meant that if there was any changes such as a new version this would be automatically updated but this appears not to be the case

All the boxes are ticked in the settings and under  Search for Application Updates I have the “green radio button “ ticked which says Important Updates that improve computer security. 

Should I have ticked “All updates for known applications” and if I were to do this does this cover non Kaspersky applications? My worry here is that as I do not want all Microsoft Updates to be applied as there are many I don’t need

It would sound as if an update to version 21 is probably the first thing I need to do as (1) this is sensible anyway and (b) may cure the problem , do you agree? 

Thanks 

mikethebike   

Hello @mikethebike

You’re most welcome☺ !

1. The Export/Reset(Restore)/Import procedure was one we gave you for your topic iTunes update - wrong KIS message. Make sure you do the Export first, so the KIS configuration is saved, even if you do not need it to Import, if it’s not exported first it will be lost. 
  2.  “All updates for known applications” is for non Kaspersky applications, BUT, it’s NOT for Microsoft updates - read About Software Updater
  3. Yes, agreed, uninstall v20 & clean install V21, read and follow the documentation carefully. 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

An update. I believe I may have solved both the problem I identified in the title and the problem that Flood identified for me as a question which was why was I still running  V19

The reset made no difference but I then had an idea which was to check to see if my wife who shares the same computer had the same problem when she tried opening the Secure keyboard. She did not and I noticed that she did not have the yellow and blue shield attached to her Chrome icon which I did to mine, so I assumed that the change in my case may have been the problem and simply decided to uninstall and re-install Chrome and that cured the problem.  Why this made the difference and why it had appeared on my desktop we may never get to the bottom of, I suppose

In terms of KIS I noticed that I had the Global version and not the European one so I simply  downloaded the European version which gave me 21.1.15.500(c) 

So thanks all for the help but just one more question if I may. Can I take it that from now on KIS will automatically move me to the next version when it is released? 

mikethebike