Unable to login to bank using VPN via smartphone

Ray_1

Hello,

I have a VPN on my smartphone, I can login to my bank application if I turn it off, but I can not login when I turn on Kaspersky VPN.

I have tried logging in through 4G and through my home WIFI, both refuse. I contacted my bank and they told me it is up to the provider (Kaspersky) to either accept or deny bank connection? Is there a list of banks somewhere that are on your accepted list?

2 hours ago, Ray_1 said:

I have a VPN on my on my smartphone, I can login to my bank application if I turn it off, but I can not login when I turn on Kaspersky VPN. I have tried logging in through 4G and through my home WIFI, both refuse.

I contacted my bank and they told me it is up to the provider (Kaspersky) to either accept or deny bank connection? Is there a list of banks somewhere that are on your accepted list?

Hello @Ray_1

Welcome!

1. Please check: Known issues, If you cannot connect to a certain website or web service using a VPN
  2.  IF the VPN is Premium not Free, please log a case with Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of any errors & a detailed history; Support may request traces & other data, they will guide you.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 3 weeks later...

Asked my bank ING again and they said that secure connection (VPN) is unnecessary for safe banking on my smartphone, even on a public WIFI network. It's either that, or I am on their sht-list (or KAV is) and being monitored for some weird reason. I have premium version. Tried everything on the page you've provided. As soon as I stop VPN, I can log in, otherwise it simply doesn't. Browsing websites isn't a problem, just slow at times.

Too bad, I purchased VPN for banking, banking is one of the few things it doesn't do. One of me mates told me I should get VPN form banking, apparently he does not have this problem. I've read about issues with a specific phone and provider that didn't work either (Motorola on Vodafone network) that had a specific issue, the phone did not sent right ID-information on logging in. That could also be the case here, but I'll never know. It isn't connected to the same account as my bank's.

Asking for the tech support dept of ING is simply denied so I can't get support other than the standard customer service, who give me standard information they just read from a list of standard replies. Nobody knows nothing nowadays, and the people who do are unavailable.

Safe to say: Kaspersky VPN works fine, just not for ING banking. I have not yet tried to log in to my account through me laptop's internet connection yet.

Edit:

I can not log in to my outlook email either btw. Is this also normal?

BootResult: network
err: Error: NetworkResponseError
esrc: StartupData
et: ServerError

Edited by Ray_1
additional info

Hello @Ray_1

Welcome back!

1. ?What did Kaspersky Technical support say about the banking/vpn issue? 
  2. Re Outlook, we had a chat with the Microsoft Technical team, they advised, for both Android & iOS, MS do not support connection over VPN.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Oh sry, Outlook was on the Windows laptop, using Chrome browser. Chrome did not support VPN for Outlook (?), and google gave a 'IP-address not found for Google.com' error (?). Now using Opera.

I have not filed for tech support with KAV. Not sure if I will and have to look into other things first. Every time I figure something out, my solution gets counteracted, almost like it is deliberate...

15 minutes ago, Ray_1 said:
  1. I have not filed for tech support with KAV. 
  2. Outlook/Windows/Opera.

Hello @Ray_1

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Support are there to help. 
  2. ?Kaspersky does not support Opera - read:  VPN: Hardware and software requirements, Supported browsers
  3. When you're using Opera & Kaspersky's VPN is Opera's VPN ON or OFF
  4. Do you have any AV software installed? IF "yes", have you checked the Reports from that - to see if there are errors or events that match the Outlook errors? 
  5. It's not possible to share logs here in the Community; it's to protect everybody's privacy, so, IF you use the required software, again, Kaspersky support, are the people to reach out to & or Microsoft Technical. 
  6. We use Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Outlook/Win 10 & 11/VPN & Kaspersky's AV, without any issues - we're not familiar with those errors?

Please do let us know any progress?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I now use an old laptop now, after my other started doing weird things. The previous had similar weird problems: I lost admin rights, settings would reset to standard each reboot or restart of program, I lost control over my mediaserver, security cams, some website accounts (FB, Twitter) etc. Opening a video would cause an immediate local shutdown, copying video from a usb drive would erase that drive. After such a shutdown, KAV Internet Security was damaged. I had to reinstall after reboot and it then stopped the system from shutting down, that's how I found out my video player caused the shutdown with a local shutdown command. There were a ton of other weird issues.

Even got weird phone calls (phishing) from spoofed non existing numbers and scammers at my door. My car was vandalized several times, same as my gardens. Several random people started stealing from me in places I regularly visited and others act as if they know me. Then, for no apparent reason I started to get severe health issues. I even think my phone has some issues as well, I wasn't able to make a decent picture for a year or so fi and the battery drained twice as fast as usual, KAV doesn't find any issues on it however.

So yes, I'm very careful now...

Opera's VPN is off. it works, so I'll keep using it in this fashion until I can afford a decent, recent laptop. The one I have now is a Dell Latitude E5500 Win8.1 which oc has its limitations.

My phone has Android 6, that prolly has some limitations as well.