unable to listen to efl iFollow football commentary [Solved] [Closed]

Lee
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello. I hope you can help with an issue I am having. In simple terms, I listen to live football matches using my PC. Since the start of this football season in the UK I have been unable to listen to a football match. I suspect that the problem may be due to some network settings issue, but I am no expert. Can someone explain how I check that my Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Secure Connection software are not causiing the problem? Thanks Lee

Please install the new, current version 2020. The correct download links for your region are located at the upper left of this web page. There are two ways: Clean install: Uninstall the old version > restart the computer > install the new version > update databases > restart. Or: Upgrade to the new version on top of the old version. Either way you prefer is ok. Any better with the new version?

Hello. I have installed the latest version, but still have the same problem.
Hello Lee,
  1. Does the issue happen irrespective of which browser is used?
  2. Does the issue happen if you exit Kaspersky Internet Security?
  3. Is the VPN needed to be able to access .efl.com/iFollow ?
  4. If you go to BBC Radio, is audio available?
  5. Can you provide https://www.efl.com/iFollow/ url - for the (team) you're unable to listen to, so we can test please?
  6. & is the site a subscription signin or free access? (just in case I need to raid the ???)
Please post back? Thank you.

Hello
  1. I have tried using Firefox and Bing, but they do not allow me to listen either either
  2. I have tried shutting-down KIS, but this does not resolve the problem
  3. The IP address to listen to matches is: bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures, but there is no match on at the moment so you would not be able to listen and also you do need to have subscribed before you could listen. However, there are some "latest videos" on the bwfc website and these are free to view but I am unable to view these also, but you should be able to view them if the software was working for you
  4. The bwfc is free to browse but to listen to a match you need to have subscribed
Thanks for any help you can offer. Lee

1. I have tried using Firefox and Bing, but they do not allow me to listen either either
  2. I have tried shutting-down KIS, but this does not resolve the problem
  3. The IP address to listen to matches is: bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures, but there is no match on at the moment so you would not be able to listen and also you do need to have subscribed before you could listen. However, there are some "latest videos" on the bwfc website and these are free to view but I am unable to view these also, but you should be able to view them if the software was working for you
  4. The bwfc is free to browse but to listen to a match you need to have subscribed
Hello Lee, Thanks for posting back.
  1. Ok, so for any of the bwfc "latest videos", do I need to register? If not can you post a url or tell me the name of a video that I can select & test now please?
  2. When you say "since the start of the football season", were you previously able to "listen to live football matches" on your PC?
IF "yes", we need to work out what changed around the time the issue began... for example:
  1. Was your operating system updated?
  2. Was KIS installed for the first time?
  3. Were there any network changes, a router upgrade? a different ISP provider?
  4. Any software changes?
Please post back? Thank you.

Hello I have just discovered that you also need to be registered to watch the "latest videos". Until the end of last season (early May 2019) I was able to listen to the live matches and watch the latest videos but since the start of the new season (early August 2019) I have been unable to do either. Since May 2019 there have been a couple of Cumulative Updates to the Windows 10 system which is on my PC. KIS has been on my PC for several years. I am not aware of any network changes or router upgrade and I have been with the same ISP for several years. I do not believe there have been any software changes Regards Lee

• Solution
I have just discovered that you also need to be registered to watch the "latest videos". Until the end of last season (early May 2019) I was able to listen to the live matches and watch the latest videos but since the start of the new season (early August 2019) I have been unable to do either. Since May 2019 there have been a couple of Cumulative Updates to the Windows 10 system which is on my PC. KIS has been on my PC for several years. I am not aware of any network changes or router upgrade and I have been with the same ISP for several years. I do not believe there have been any software changes
Hello Lee, Thanks for posting back Start Google Chrome browser, go to chrome://settings/content/sound - is: Allow sites to play sound ON? IF "YES", add https://www.efl.com/ (3rd green triangle in my image), apply the change, reboot computer, recheck audio on Efi... Please let me know? Thank you.