Unable to import password from Firefox

Hello  @Saravanan Muthusamy,

Welcome!

☢ Kaspersky Technical Support advise, atm, importing Firefox profiles/passwords, does not work, supposed to be fixed in patch G☢

All Kaspersky patches are released in stages, eta for KPM patch G, according to Kaspersky Technical Support, approx 23rd Dec 2019.

• The support team said if the default Firefox profile is used, the KPM import works, I’ve tested that “workaround”, doesn’t work for me, you may wish to check?
  • If the workaround does work for you, please let me know?

Otherwise, please patiently wait for patch G.

➡ Also, as a standard good practice, make a KPM Backup & Export your data before apply any Kaspersky patch⬅

Thank you

Also check this thread in Spanish section, it seems since FF57, Import/Export actions can’t be done:

https://community.kaspersky.com/b2c-forum-para-usuarios-hispanohablantes-70/error-al-importar-contrasenas-de-firefox-con-kaspersky-password-manager-movido-5703#post26839

And a 3rd party tool is suggested: https://github.com/kspearrin/ff-password-exporter

Hello   @harlan4096,

Thank you!

Wonder why the Lab advised:

From: Kaspersky Lab Support <customerservicesolution@kaspersky.com>
Sent: Saturday, 14 December 2019 13:01
This is a bug. The fix will come with patch G for KPM. It will come to your KPM till the end of next week, please wait until then and check the issue.  

&

Import data from your browsers' built-in password managers - Nov 30, 2019,

Supported browser: Firefox (version 65 or later)

🤔

• 1 month later...

Hello @isf7boa,

There is no eta. 

The last communication from Kaspersky:

Sent: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 12:34

Our experts have informed us, the issue will be fixed in KPM Patch H. We will update you as soon as Patch H is released.

unquote  

The manual “workaround” Kaspersky Lab asked me to test did not work. 

Thank you🙏

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @Saravanan Muthusamy & @isf7boa,

Kaspersky have advised:

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Friday, 21 February 2020 15:31
Bug 3735371 should be fixed in patch H.

endquote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch H for Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows version 9.0.2.767 was released on February 3, 2020.

🤔🤐

Hi!

It is known new bug (4028216). We are waiting for the information from developers on the issue. 

The most probably it will be fixed in one of the next KPM patches.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Harry Doan

Welcome!

Correct, I wonder if @Anton Mefodys knows🤔

The documentation says:

Import data from your browsers' built-in password managers

All credentials saved in the selected browser's built-in password manager will be copied to your vault. When the import is completed, the application displays a report about the imported data.

unquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @Anton Mefodys

• Why is it necessary for us to provide more data to the lab, which we’ve already done,  some of us numerous times? 
  • Really not impressed that we’ve been told, multiple times, this issue is fixed. 
  • Singularly unimpressed that Kaspersky Level 1 support are claiming they will not assist unless more data is provided😡
  • When Kasperksy “fixes” something do they test before giving us fake news, or are they relying on the Kaspersky Subscribers to be their LD50 Lab? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Saravanan Muthusamy, @isf7boa, @Harry Doan, @Karyzec,

Using KPM 9.0.2.5123 (j) / 1582042652_6393 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1 & Edge Chromuim Version 81.0.416.64 (Official build) (64-bit), (for me) there’s no Edge Chromium in the Import from browser list, if someone is using Edge Chromium and has time, please check and let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...