Un commanded reboot

gabry.sur
Go to solution Solved by gabry.sur,

I was working today and Kaspersky notified me that I had updates for apps available, after clicking on "install all" I kept on working when suddenly the computer rebooted, no warning, no asking for permission, I just bought and installed Kaspersky yesterday and I lost 4h of important work.
I want to know why this happened and how to prevent it or I´m uninstalling this software, Is the first time my computer does this to me!

System Windows 11, version 22H2 compilation 22621.963 x64 last update was (KB5021255) Before installing Kaspersky

Kaspersky version: 21.3.10.391 (j)

14 hours ago, rachelgomez_123 said:

For Windows 11, 10 & 8, use the power icon from the Start menu to select Restart.
For Windows 7 and Vista, open the small arrow from the Start menu, and select Restart.
You can also restart your PC from Ctrl+Alt+Del, or with the shutdown /r command.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Thanks for your the time you took to reply.

Id like a bit more information to understand your suggestion, is this supposed to prevent further unexpected reboots?

Have a nice evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I'm very disappointed in this product, to everyone considering Kaspersky, stay away. Recently my computer froze and I had to cut the power to shut it down. these companies are throwing out subscription plans and they are just taking our money.
1. Kasperski is not better than windows defender. I used my computer without antivirus for 10 years and never had a problem, and to prove that, the first thing I did with Kasperski was run all the tests and it didn't find a single threat, didn't find anything in my thumb drives nor external hard drives.
2. they don't have customer support, I tried and searched every ware and the only thing they have is this forum where I'm asking why my computer rebooted alone without warning the day after installing Kasperski and the answer is how to restart your computer.
3. There are programs in the pack that are basically bloatware, Like the password manager and the VPN, these programs make numerous mentions about the data they share and they link the terms and conditions, but when I clicked the links or followed the instructions they bring you to general pages and I could not find the terms to read them. What are you doing with my data if you don't want me to find out?
Stay away from this program, it's another corporation that is basically scamming people.
How can I get a refund? I bet I can't.
Hope this helps someone. 

1 hour ago, gabry.sur said:

1. they don't have customer support
  2. I could not find the terms to read them. What are you doing with my data if you don't want me to find out?
  3. How can I get a refund? I bet I can't.

Hello @gabry.sur

Welcome! 

We're sorry you've had such an unhappy experience. The Kaspersky Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (just like you), who volunteer their time, to help others (just like you), unless you see a Kaspersky employee label beside a participant's image. 

1. For Kaspersky support, go to: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, at the top of the page on the right-hand side, there's a search field, if you need to search for a specific region or location, otherwise scroll to the lower part of the page & select from the available support options, at a minimum there will be Email support -> Support Rules for Kaspersky SoftwareData privacy statement for technical support via chat, email and phone
  2. END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA), select: Kaspersky Internet Security [for Windows®], KASPERSKY LAB – GLOBAL PRIVACY POLICY
  3. How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application - the best way to process a refund request - if the Kaspersky Internet Security software license was purchased from Kaspersky & not a 3rd party merchant & the Kaspersky Internet Security software license is within the 30-day expiry period, is to log a request directly with Kaspersky Support, use the template image below, as a guide:
  4. The process for submitting a standard support request is as follows: fill in & submit the request with your specific information, Kaspersky's automated request processing system allocates an incident reference number, beginning with INC0000, which is sent to you, via email, advising you a similar automated script - as follows:

Dear customer,
    Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Technical Support. The following request was registered: ID INC00001*; 
    then whatever you've written.... 

5. ?At that point the request is in Kaspersky's system, waiting to be reviewed by the Kaspersky team; this may take up to 5 to 7 business days; at some stage a Kaspersky human will contact you, also via email; therefore, please patiently wait for them to do so. 
  • image.thumb.png.480666eba9c7b7d6ccb6e187c865307f.png

If there's any issues accessing any of the information or anything else, please post back?

Thank you?
Flood? +?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Changed 2, to show which EULA to select: - Kaspersky Internet Security [for Windows®] & added Kaspersky's Global PP