UltraAV software no notification, Automatically Installs, and Can't Remove it!!

viper69

Hello everyone. I heard about this story and decided to test this antivirus to find out if it is good or bad.

Here is the video for anyone who wants to see the test results: https://youtu.be/AB4oZXaa4tI&list=UULFUNyU0HewM1JQVVKMAEAfyQ

Ps.: The video has subtitles, title and description in 8 languages. So that anyone can watch and understand what is being explained.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vitaotek said:

Hello everyone. I heard about this story and decided to test this antivirus to find out if it is good or bad.

Here is the video for anyone who wants to see the test results: https://youtu.be/AB4oZXaa4tI&list=UULFUNyU0HewM1JQVVKMAEAfyQ

Ps.: The video has subtitles, title and description in 8 languages. So that anyone can watch and understand what is being explained.

Wow, an abysmal performance by Kaspersky UltraAV. So much for Kaspersky being all about providing the best protection shown by independent tests. Their own software may have been developed to that point in order to increase market share profits, but it obviously wasn't with any regard to being good for users, or they would not have spontaneously delivered a fake antivirus worse than McAfee or Windows Defender. And they absolutely could have chosen to do prorated refunds instead, if partnering with a legitimate antivirus for transition wasn't an option.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yellow said:

Wow, an abysmal performance by Kaspersky UltraAV. So much for Kaspersky being all about providing the best protection shown by independent tests. Their own software may have been developed to that point in order to increase market share profits, but it obviously wasn't with any regard to being good for users, or they would not have spontaneously delivered a fake antivirus worse than McAfee or Windows Defender. And they absolutely could have chosen to do prorated refunds instead, if partnering with a legitimate antivirus for transition wasn't an option.

We got what we did because it's all about the money with companies these days. Gone are the days of companies operating by a moral compass based on ethics and what is right for the customer rather than their own wallet... which is why the world is currently a dumpster fire. Greed is the number 1 factor of this.

In addition to the disaster of how this transition was handled, has anyone noticed the number of files the Ultra AV/VPN software installs on every single one of you drives? If you have multiple drives for various types of data, like I do, they each become littered with files from Ultra AV. As a dev, there is no need for this. It's reminiscent of malware and reeks of devs that don't know what they're doing. I've used a dozen or more AV solutions over the last few decades, and I've never seen anything like this. I've never had a reputable AV solution install dozens of files on every single drive.

This AV/VPN alternative they gave us is a joke and Kaspersky should have migrated us to another known and respected provider.

• Like 3

Is there any way we can get pro-rated refunds for our remaining subscription time? I'm not happy root access to my computer was handed over to a third party without my consent. I don't think it was even legal to assign our subscriptions to a third party without consent. It really seems like Kaspersky was caught flat footed and didn't have a proper market exit strategy. 

• Thanks 1

Help!!!  My Kaspersky software says it has expired even though I was on auto-renew, and my computers were NOT updated to Ultra.  I am now VPN-less.  I received a notice a few days ago about being upgraded but was never received anything from UltraAV nor was my computer automatically updated.  My Kaspersky VPN has reverted to the free version with limited use but it is unable to connect to it's chosen server and I am not able to select a server.  I am behind the bamboo curtain.  I can pay with Unionpay card if need be.  No U.S. money involved is OK I think.

Edited by mrbuseco

55 minutes ago, Danila T. said:

Hello @mrbuseco!

The ability to buy, renew and download products at usa.kaspersky.com is suspended. The ability to make purchases via other websites may also be limited for users visiting from the US and US customers. Non-US customers may purchase and renew apps at kaspersky.com and their local websites.

That doesn't really help me but I understand you cannot do much more given where I am and my birth country.  However, if we can get either the no downgraded version to connect in "free mode" or get the UltraAV update I could get back to doing what I need to do.

1 hour ago, mrbuseco said:

That doesn't really help me but I understand you cannot do much more given where I am and my birth country.  However, if we can get either the no downgraded version to connect in "free mode" or get the UltraAV update I could get back to doing what I need to do.

I was able to download the ultraav software.  I am configuring it now.  Probably okay now.  I appreciate you helping.  I wish I could keep using Kaspersky but it's not like my government listens to the working people.