UI Locks Up When Allowing Apps

I installed a new app on my pc and I need to allow it through the firewall.  In the UI, I change the protection level to ALLOW the app. I then get a screen that asks me to confirm my decision.  At that point, the UI is locked up.  I have to have t restart the pc to get control back.  I am unable to close the program using Task Manager - I have to reboot or sign out.

I have included a pic of the error.

I have Office Security 7 v 20.0.14.1085 running on Win10 Home

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Joliet_Tech

Welcome!

1. Small Office Security 7 v20.0.14.1085, appears to be quite old, please check which patch(x)  it's up to, x =letter; on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Has Small Office Security been uninstalled, saving License information only, do not check any other check box; full reboot, power off / on of the machine, download & clean install of a new Small Office Security & then recheck of the original issue? 
  • "❗The Attention! Your confirmation is required to perform the selected action... etc" window isn't actually an error, when a user makes a change to the KSOS app, each change must be confirmed, by the user giving consent to a prompt such as what you've shown. 
  • We do understand the app is locking up when you try to try to confirm the consent prompt .

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Joliet_Tech

Thank you for posting back & the image👌 !

Yes, you have patch(m), for v20.0.14.1085; patch M was released on September 23rd, 2020

(ioo), it would be a good idea to uninstall the existing software & clean install Kaspersky Small Office Security or contact Kaspersky Support.

IF you uninstall  & clean install, please follow these steps:

1. Check (your) computer for applications incompatible with Kaspersky Small Office Security
  2. Uninstall existing KSOS, during the uninstall, a window will show with six options, save / tick License information only, do not tick any other box

3. Allow the uninstall to complete, including the computer to shutdown, reboot.
  4. Login, download a new Kaspersky Small Office Security installer.
  5. Install Kaspersky Small Office Security
  6. Run a manual Database update, allow it to complete. 
  7. Run a Full scan, allow it to complete.
  8. Shutdown, power off the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KSOS is running? 
  9. Recheck ‘UI locks up when allowing apps’ issue? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

The issue was that remote access for configuration was disabled.  I wsa on the phone with tech support for about 20 minutes before this was discovered.  Once enabled, it functioned normally.  I have never seen this feature in any other security product.  Experience.

Thank you for your help.