Turn off Kaspersky News

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution

Kaspersky Security Cloud on Windows 7 Pro.. 

1.  enable or disable security news, option does not show up in my Settings menu.

Hello @darkflux 
Welcome!

1. ❓ Which Kaspersky Security Cloud  (KSC) version is installed, on the Windows taksbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About

In KTS, the How to enable or disable security news procedure is as follows:

1. Open the Kaspersky app.
  2. Select Settings⚙
  3. Select Interface
  4. UNCHECK News Notifications
  5. You may also wish to UNCHECK Promotional →  your choice.

• The current KSC Online help documentation How to enable or disable security news, Article ID: 137577, Last review: Dec 1, 2021, is different again. 
  • Please check & let us know, it’s possible Kaspersky have not updated the KSC doco. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

It is version 21.3.10.391(g)

It looks like that is where it was, so thatnks.

They might want to update that page, if the information is no longer the same.

Also, I might point out that the search function on this forum is not very good. It tries to “outsmart” you. I TRIED searching “kaspersky news” or even just “news”, and all that came up were results with the word “new” highlighted...not very useful.

Thank you for your help  :)

Hello @darkflux

You’re most welcome, thank you for raising the topic👏, we’re delighted the issue is fixed🤸

Re “woeful” Community “search” function, no argument from us, it’s cringeworthy, unlikely to be fixed, in the hands of Insided, they don’t seem to be receptive to anything. 

Try going to https://community.kaspersky.com/search/activity/recent, then in the Search field, type News, we get: 

Over to you please: 

The current KSC Online Help & Knowledge base appear to be wrong for Interface, Notifications, (How to enable or disable security news), etc, as @darkflux has identified. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Ah, I see. Not sure why they would leave up an outdated article for a version that is no longer supported…

btw, I found that with a Google search, so even Google thought it was the right answer! lol

I believe the search phrase was “kaspersky cloud turn off news”.

Also, I don’t really see anything on your page mentioning “News”, so that’s probably why I couldn’t find it!

Ah, I see. Not sure why they would leave up an outdated article for a version that is no longer supported…

Hello @darkflux & @Igor Kurzin

1. Just as FYI, the Online Help & Knowledge Base, both have ‘outdated’ doco.
  2. Igor, also, maybe check the actual application, installed on Windows 7, Help information redirect 🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

darkflus, thank you, I reproduced, checking with responsible team if we can influence the google search results. 

Flood, 

the Online Help & Knowledge Base, both have ‘outdated’ doco.

This is a too general statement. Is there anything specific that you would like me to check/fix?

check the actual application, installed on Windows 7, Help information redirect

Redirect from the main window via “?”, right? 

Hello @Igor Kurzin

As we posted in our first reply to @darkflux:

• The current KSC Online help documentation How to enable or disable security new, Article ID: 137577, Last review: Dec 1, 2021…  the “current” Online Help & Knowledge base articles we found are all incorrect. 
  • For Win 7, the KSC application, (we would) check News & Notifications (Help) which is represented by the ❔ on each GUI screen → we’re unable to uninstall KTS from our Win 7 device & install KSC, so cannot do the app check for you; probably worth doing the same check on Win10 & Win11 devices as well🤔
  • Completely OT, we love how you have a fan club, do you pay them😆

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, Igor Kurzin said:

Flood, 

the Online Help & Knowledge Base, both have ‘outdated’ doco.

This is a too general statement. Is there anything specific that you would like me to check/fix?

check the actual application, installed on Windows 7, Help information redirect

Redirect from the main window via “?”, right? 

Hi @Igor Kurzin

Somehow, we missed your query, apologies for that.

• The original issues were for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free - app -> Help - redirect & the Knowledge base articles were both incorrect. 
  • Now the topic is alive again, for Kaspersky Free - v21.8

Kaspersky Online Help:  How to enable or disable security news option - does not exist in KAVF app. v21.8 - please see other topic by @darkfluxKaspersky Free "Subscription Blocked".

We've installed Kav Free, we cannot find Promotional materials section, Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky check box?

Thank you?
Flood?+?